CI Module- What is it?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by kangooman, Nov 18, 2007.

1. kangooman

kangooman New Member

Hello all,

When trying to watch some chanels on my new LG 32" LT75 TV the display shows "No CI Module".

I have no idea wot this means so would you informative people please try and help me out.

Many thanks.

2. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Whats happening I think is that you are trying to watch programmes that are scrambled..the CI is a module which has to be fitted or bought incorporated into the TV.. and actuated to watch these scrambled channels..I think.

3. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

To put it in a more simple way..it is a descramble module..though not 100% sure on this matter.

4. X

X New Member

CI

Common Interface

I assume you mean a gubbins that has a card slot

5. kangooman

kangooman New Member

I mean I have no idea, simply when trying to view certain channels the above message appears on the TV screen saying that No CI Module so after any advice.

What it is,where it is and is there anything I can do in order to watch the programes that when selected currently comes up with the said message.

Many thanks for the replies.

please keep this simple- like me.

6. X

X New Member

What it is,

Its a gubbins that you can stick a smart card in

where it is

In your tv / satellite receiver / or other manufacturers store

and is there anything I can do in order to watch the programes that when selected currently comes up with the said message.

Yes... contact the makers of what ever it is you are using and ask them if one is available..

A clue as to the make and model and what you are wanting to watch, will provide a better answer

7. ProDave

ProDave New Member

First of all, you can view all the FREE channels as your set is without the module.

Your television has one (or sometimes two) CI slots. Into the CI slot plugs a module called a CAM (can't remember what that stands for) and the CAM has a slot for your viewing card to plug into.

If you sign up to one of the subscription providers on DTT, they will, on request, send you a CAM along with your viewing card. Currently TopUp TV and Setanta are the only pay providers on Digital Terestrial tv.

If you are not interested in subscribing to any of the pay channels, most sets let you edit the channel list in some way and delete the subscription channels from the list.

8. X

X New Member

CAM (can't remember what that stands for)

Conditional Access Module

9. abass

abass New Member

my lg tv have problem on ci module

10. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

yes i too have lg module problem

11. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

My Hole-puncher sticks sometimes

12. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

another 5+ years old thread resurrected why do newbies do this?

13. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Newbies resurrect more threads than the Lord Jesus. ;)

14. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

To be fair they do it because the stupid 'More Like This' link box on the right of all pages has direct links to threads Donkies years old instead of recent stuff.