Citroen c3 question

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by proby, Feb 15, 2015.

1. proby

proby Active Member

just a question if any body has one. Daughter has just got a new,second hand car 2006 c3 nice little car. There was no hand book with it to get to grips with the display and warning lights,for some reason there dose not seem to be an engine temperature display any info welcome.

2. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

I think a lot of vehicles don't have a temp display these days, you just get a light come on or a message if there is a lcd display etc.

3. proby

proby Active Member

Thanks Rulland think that must be the case can't find anything on the web about it.

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

5. proby

proby Active Member

Thanks joiner some good info on there I've saved it for future reference , totally different dashboard though the one on my daughters is a lot simpler just the one dial in front of the driver and the radio screen to the left many thanks anyway.

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Ahh sorry, that's the Mk2 version (2009 onwards)

7. Hi Prob.

I have recently bought a C3 Picasso. Weird dashboard...

Yep, no temp gauge. It chust shows a blue temp symbol when cold, nothing when warmed up and just hope you never see the red one.

Kinda makes sense when you think about it...

8. proby

proby Active Member

Can't even see a blue temp symbol!

9. Does this have the central instrument cluster with a digital speedo?

On mine, the speedo is on the right of that cluster, the radio/mileage stuff in t'middle, and a series of symbols on the left.

When you first turn on the ignition, all these symbols light up to show they're working - charge, service, and gawd knows what else - there are LOTS of them! The temp symbol (I think like a thermometer - it's pretty obvious) is certainly one of them.

If it doesn't light up, then perhaps the bulb has blown?

10. proby

proby Active Member

This one is a sIngle screen in front of the steering wheel the only displays are, fuel level, speed and brake and seatbelt symbols ,with a Rev counter over the top of the screen.

11. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Does it have this type of dashboard.

C3_Dash.jpg

12. proby

proby Active Member

That's the one Phil .

13. It clearly doesn't have a temp gauge, then, so almost certainly it'll chust be a red and/or blue temp symbol in that bottom row of warning lights.

I guess if it doesn't light up when you first turn the ignition, the bulb might have blown.

When you turn the ig, how many warning lights come on in that bottom row, and what are they? Any obvious gaps?!

14. proby

proby Active Member

Exactly the same as phils picture. As that picture shows the maintenance spanner it most likely was just switched on so I'm guessing you only get a temp warning when there is a problem. Bit strange to me.

15. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

There is no obvious temperature gauge, just a warning light and buzzer, the light shows blue when you turn on the key then goes out, if the car overheated the light would show red along with a warning buzzer and another dash light the shape of an engine, this mean stop as soon as safe to do so.

A word of warning, the dash lights on Citroens are a night mare for coming on when nothing is wrong.

16. proby

proby Active Member

Thank for the info. Yes Phil I have a Picasso that keeps telling me to top up a full water system.

17. Drain the water system - that'll bludy teach it.

18. barnjules

barnjules Member

..yep,my wife's berlingo often tells her it's overheating,with a loud beeping and a light on the dash saying STOP,...when it's only been running for a minute from cold :confused:

19. proby

proby Active Member

To be fair it's been a good motor. In 11 years it's only had a water pump break, and the usual consumables replaced ,he said with fingers crossed.