Clarkson...

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Mar 25, 2015.

1. As much as I rate him and think he'll be irreplaceable on Top Gear, the tale that's come out about the 'fracas' really shows a very bad side to this guy. What a way to end a glowing Top Gear career.

And what really shows the measure of the guy is his dismissive tone when confronted by the media over the past week or so - hardly contrite.

What a twit.

For what it's worth, I doubt very much the guy is a racist or stupidly right-wing - he just loves to poke fun and press buttons, and I think he'd want 'foreigners' to take the mick out of their Englishness too.

So - although pushing the boundary, and perhaps being poorly judged - I can cope with his 'slope' and 'n*****' comments.

But, acting like an ignorant belligerent thug - that wasn't a mick-take.

Bye bye Clarkson.

I wonder if he'll now make a sincere, grovelling apology?

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

It's a shame that topgear will probably end, but Clarkson a cock always has been, always will be.

3. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I don't think that the BBC had any other option. If I had thumped someone at work,then I would have expected the sack. :(

4. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

I think failing to provide a hot dinner deserves being punched, cold sandwiches what a cheek...:p

B J

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Its a program I never watched ,I'm not a petrol head, cars and vans are our workhorses we should't worship them so I'll not miss the program at all, I do agree with the sacking, you can't go round hitting people whether they're are a boss or a toilet cleaner, its just not done, From what I've seen and heard of clarkson I would have thought he could have made his point very well and clear using his razor like wit and sarcasum it seems the advert for snickers bars makes a very good point, " you' turn into a right diva when you're hungry" :eek:

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Well the co hosts are now considering their postion at TG, can see them both walking.

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

word is May,s already walked, and Hamster is about to follow, Clarkson and May are guarranteed some other program , not sure about the hammie though, :oops:

8. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

The programme is stupid and the three of them are clowns.

KIAB likes this.
  9. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Hammie will tie himself to a rocket or some other death defying stunt to keep his career going.

10. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

They should of jailed the arrogant *

Edited due to unsuitable language

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
  11. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Can't see what he done wrong tbh.
    Seeing now as Cameron is not running for a third term he should put himself forward for the PM's job.
    He'd sort out the slackers in this country that's for sure.

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

A shame the Beeb are so stupid. Looking at recent history, claims of abuse by many DJ's was swept under the carpet, yet Jezza (quite rightly) smacks some geezer (who just happens to be a producer) in the mouth and gets sacked for abuse.... It just ain't right I tells ya... Anyway,,,,,,,,,,, some say his name said backwards describes BBC bosses,,, ,,,,, All we know is he's called "The Stig." ;);););)

13. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

And now the BBC will spend lots of our licence money trying to renew the Top Gear prog without the stars. Bit like doing Fawlty Towers without John Cleese. Well more than 50m quid Top Gear is worth(or was worth).
    Won't be worth sh|te now. They can f right off if they think I'll watch it with Christ Heavens doin it.
    BBC - Biased Blinkered Clots (or similar words).

They should have dealt with Jeremy(or had it dealt with) by the law, prolly pay a massive fine/compo and keep what is their really one and only asset(biggest money-maker). Now, all they have is Eastenders. Crikey, they even only got half the F1 now.

Losers(and that includes us that pay them)

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

14. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Can I please nominate The Duke of Edinburgh as the next presenter, now that's a man who says what he means:p:p:p

15. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

About the only bloke I reckon could replace Clarkson, would be Jeremy Paxman(you know, the Channel 4 newsreader).

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

16. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Now he's got no cars to play with.

wenn22331660.jpg

:p:p:p

17. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Being seen on a bike has done more to destroy his street cred than any other incident!:p:p

Phil the Paver likes this.
  18. Had it been a quick flare-up, a swung attempt at a punch, anything over quickly and immediately apologised for, it would have probably been salvageable for Clarkson and the BBC.

But a 20-minute tirade of verbal abuse followed by a sustained physical assault that inflicted genuine injury is a completely different matter.

He went from being what might simply have been a stressed, hard-working guy who just temporarily 'flipped' after a tough day's work, but who then came back to his senses and resolved the issue with a thousand genuine grovelling apologies to his victim, to a simple thug who probably does believe he's worth more as a human being.

(What were his colleagues and other witnesses to this tirade doing to defuse it? I fear nothing as they were genuinely scared of Clarkson too. It that what he's become - someone his friends and co-workers are a wary off?)

Top Gear would never have been the same again even if he'd been allowed to stay. I wouldn't be able to chuckle any more at his risky witticisms - when he picks on a guy in the audience for being ginger, or short, or whatever, I would have to wonder 'does he now actually mean that...' Is he nothing more than a pathetic bully?

When he referred to that Asian as a 'slope' (I didn't know that word the first time I watched the program), I chuckled at the riskiness and wit of it - simply because I believe he is not in the least bit a true racist. And the N-word - again, it's like a naughty child getting used to their first rude word and can't help playing it over their tongue, giggling in case they get caught. I find that genuinely funny, because I believed it to be self-effacing - "Look at how childish I am!". Not any more.

Now, if he were to do that again, I would not laugh because I would wonder - is that the true him?

He has seemingly become the person many people have accused him of being all along. (Someone only admired by genuine twits like Ry, it seems...)

Hammond is an ***, always has been, always will. He's just a lightweight - unwitty, contrived, over-rehearsed. Hanging on to Clarkson's coat-tails, trying sooo hard to emulate his hero, but failing miserably.

May, on the other hand, was - might still be - my hero. Genuinely clever, self-effacing, more gentle than his co-presenters. And I LOVED his 'Toy Stories'.

But he's fallen in my estimation too as he tries to shrug off this incident as a 'minor' event.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
  19. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

don't think he's shrugged it all that minoree, you will like the closing comment on this vid,,,

20. They will possibly go and set up a rival 'Top Gear' with the three of them, on a different channel?

If so, I sincerely hope it crashes and burns.

The biggest losers here was the Beeb, but they had no choice but to do what they did however much it's going to cost them. So Clarkson ought to be bludy ashamed of himself for doing this to our beloved Auntie B. The oaf.

I liked Clarkson, I liked Top Gear even more - but I love the Beeb...