Clearance between top of floor cabinet undercut to top of plinth

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by imk, Jul 27, 2014.

1. imk

imk New Member

Hello,
    What clearance is recommended between the top of floor cabinet undercut to top of plinth please?
    [Cabinet arrangement would be L shaped approx 2.1m by 2.1m]
    From my own feeling 2mm or 3mm would seem about right as it would give enough free play to easily remove the plinth and from normal view angle it would not bee seen.
    Many thanks imk

2. As you say - snug but easy to remove :). 2mm sounds good.

3. imk

imk New Member

Thanks for you input, I defo feel some space if required I have had to remove some at times that are so tight they are a real problem.
    I did my bath room late last year and because of fit I had to make my own cabinets and plinths and left a 5mm gap, real easy to pop out and you can't see it.
    BTW if you every make your own cabinet n door etc I found so really GREAT paint called Toplac used to paint hulls of yachts.
    Brush it on and as it dries it shrinks and pulls out the brush lines, even if you have to catch a middle of the drying process run or sag, as it seems to go on shrinking for days.