combi boiler move

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by jay8809, Nov 9, 2008.

1. jay8809

jay8809 New Member

hi im thinking of moving my combi boiler to a room around 1 meter from the current location in the bathroom (downstairs) has anyone any ideas of cost for this in the west midlands area, and are there any restriction on this being in the bathroom. thanks in advance
  2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

If it's in a bathroom then there are a lot of safety considerations, distances etc that have to be adhered to. get a CORGI in, it may not be straightforward.
  3. tomplum

tomplum New Member

another consideration, is the boiler condencing ? cos if it is'nt you may have to replace it with a new one,
  4. mantor

mantor New Member

another consideration, is the boiler condencing ? cos if it is'nt you may have to replace it with a new one,

That ones been done Tom, you can move a non condenser without replacing it.
  5. tomplum

tomplum New Member

who's decided that ? the screwfix kangeroo court ? they still think you can fit yer own boiler/fire etc,,believe nothing you hear, and half of what you see,
    I agree that boilers can be moved, i do them myself, but is it legal ????????? and who cares? the jails are full so they won't bang you up,!!!!!!bang bang !!!!!!! oh * who's that knockin on me door, gotta go see you later guy's :)

[Edited by: admin]
  6. mantor

mantor New Member

It is 'legal' to do it Tom but like you said, who gives a *anyway. Who's some shinyarsed suit wearing * in an office somewhere to tell people that they have to buy a new boiler just cos they want to move it.

[Edited by: admin]
  7. jay8809

jay8809 New Member

thanks all for the advise the boilers only around 3 to 4 years old and its not a condensing boiler, ive had no problems with it whatsoever, any ideas of prices for this.
    thanks
  8. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

£500 +vat at most.
  9. jay8809

jay8809 New Member

sorry just one more question. is there any regulations regarding how close the boiler can be installed to a window.
    thanks in advance.
  10. mad.max

mad.max New Member

thanks in advance.

Yes
  11. mad.max

mad.max New Member

12. mad.max

mad.max New Member

And scroll down about midway
  13. mad.max

mad.max New Member