Combi Boliers Best Warranties

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by singh, Feb 17, 2017.

1. singh

singh New Member

Hello
    Our Valiant combi boiler, 5 years old last Dec, broke down twice a few years ago, EG circuit board and something else,, repaired under warranty and then just after the warranty ended, I think you call it the water pressure switch needed changing, we paid a 100 quid cash to our regular gas safe engineer.

We had another boiler fitted/Valiant with a 7 yr warranty to our rental property a few yrs ago

Question, having looked at boilers on the net - in your judgment which is the most reliable boiler/s? Second question, which comes with the best warranties? Having researched last night, I was left confused as with some you had to pay extra for more than 3 or 5 years but not all companies offered these options.

I'd prefer another Valiant, I think we have one of those Eco boilers from Valiant, they were supposed to be the best.
    We have three double bedrooms, large bathroom, hall and landing a 30 foot by 20 foot loungewith a glass wall.

Thanks

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Well, I've had Valliant boilers at all my places,over the last 20 years or so, never had one break down.
    Currently have a Valliant 824, never been repaired in it's 9 years I've had it, was poorly at Christmas with blocked HW heat exchanger, was badly scaled up, but that's expected in a hard water area.

Been thinking about replacing my aging 824 with a Valliant ecoTEC exclusive Green iQ 835, as I like the Valliant vSmart app control function were you can use your phone to control water & heating.
    And there a warrenty option up to 10 years available, from standard 5 years & 7 years warranty when registered by an Advance installer.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

4. singh

singh New Member

Many thanks Kiab,

Reason we chose the Valiant boilers they were supposed to be the best - I think we have been unlucky as we look after our things. The one in the rental property, similar boiler to that in our property other than it has a mechanical timer as opposed to our digital one, not gone wrong as yet.
    Thanks for the link - will investigate near future and compare measurements and seek more info re 10 yr extended warranties, and hopefully no bigger than existing as fitted into a cupboard in our kitchen which we had installed 4 yrs ago
    Thankas again

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Joe95 likes this.
  6. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Good advice above. You asked about best warranties, get out clause is if you don't get it serviced annually and don't keep the Benchmark log book up to date....

Vaillant and Glowworm - 10 years with an installer registered with them
    Ideal Vogue
    I think Baxi do a 10 year warranty on one of their boiler, but I don't do Baxi so cannot comment.

Take your pick!

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

And some will use not having magnetic filter fitted as a get out clause as well.

A nice thing with Valliant you can regulate the CH heating output from around 4kw-24Kw or what ever size boiler is, , so if your total heating demand is 16Kw, the boiler can be set to that figure,so it's is working at it's most efficient for the heating demand required

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  8. singh

singh New Member

Hi
    Thank you both

When we had the boiler fitted in the house we live in, did not need that magnetic filter fitted. We had air heating and the CH system was 100% band new inc good quality rads, the boiler, valves and all pipe work right from the main source inc rad valves. The rental property, we had that Mantic thing installed as advised by the approved fitter.

Thanks again - will stat investigating next few days and may get changed and sell our existing combi for a few quid as in working order and fully serviced by an approved Valiant reg gas safe engineer.

:)