Concentric Cable

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by WLX, Nov 27, 2015.

1. WLX

WLX New Member

Hello all
    Can anybody tell me where I can purchase 16mm2 concentric (or straight concentric cable) (not split contric)by the meter please?

Many thanks

WLX

2. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

Ask any electrical wholesaler (useful one that is, not a 'shed' like SF) for it . They'll get it for you. It's BS7870 cable, BTW.

3. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Ouch!.

4. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Any wholesaler can deal directly with any cable supplier, and while they would usually be purchasing split concentric, they will be able to obtain straight concentric just as easily. You may find the counter staff are confused, but be persistent in your "straight concentric" request.

I do have to ask though......what's it for! It's not covered by BS7671, and never has been.

5. stu1312

stu1312 Member

Or find a cable jointer who works for the dno that is looking for some beer money ;-)

WLX likes this.
  6. WLX

WLX New Member

It is an off grid farm (generator) distro to all sheds is PME TNCS CNE 1 new shed got a cutout but cant get the cable!

Many thanks will try some persistance

7. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Hmmmm!

8. WLX

WLX New Member

Hmmmm! ?????????????????????????????

9. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

You might struggle to get hold of the straight concentric, DNO use only, split con on the other hand is ace, terminate it like twin and skin

10. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Although the neutral is connected to earth internally at the generator, all generator outputs I have seen have been LN&E, this to me is a TNS supply. Are you just distributing the L&N from the generator, if so sounds more like TT than TNCS, whats the earth rod situation?

11. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

I agree. The generator output should be treated as TNS as it leaves the genset.