Concrete Shed Base - How much material?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Mac515, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Mac515

Mac515 New Member

Hi all, I hope someone can help?

I am about to build a new shed and am planning on putting a concrete pad down as its base. The shed base will be 3.8m wide X 2.6m deep X ?? Base depth

I have a fair bit of hardcore that I intend to put into the hole, prior to the concrete. I have watched a number of posts online on how to do the base, what mix (ballast and concrete at 6:1), but cannot find a PLAIN SPEAKING site that tells me how much gear I wil need to order for delivery, prior to starting the job.

So, can anyone PLEASE tell me how much ballast and concrete I need to order in order to ensure I Don't end up running to the builders merchants half way through, whilst the gear is going off!

Your help is massively appreciated.

Mac

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

1 cubic metre of concrete at 100mm thickness, so about 1.58 tonnes of ballast, 12 bags cement.
    Hard work mixing concrete, if you ain't use to it, so go for ready mixed fibre reinforce concrete, the fibre will give the concrete some extra strength.

A good calculator: http://source4me.co.uk/calculate_concrete_mix.php

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017