Concrete stamps

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Corkyjohn, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Corkyjohn

Corkyjohn Member

Been looking on ebay & it seems theres not many sellers of the rubber stamping mats for concrete. Most sold in USA & very, very expensive. Is there any of these stamping mats available at reasonable cost in the UK? I'd be tempted to make a set of them myself if it can be done

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

There used to be lots of them available, but as is every idea that appears good at the time but proves not to be, they fade away.

3. Corkyjohn

Corkyjohn Member

A friend paid ridiculous money for their yard done, it looks really good but is alot for what it is, in my opinion....Wouldn't take much doing with my Subaru cement mixer & some stamps :D

4. Phil the Paver

To do the job properly is a lot of work, you need a minimum of 150mm of concrete on a good solid base of MOT type 1, the concrete should have mesh in it as well, this very rarely happens, this then need expansion joints set in at a maximum of 3 metres to stop cracking of the concrete due to expansion and contraction in different temperatures.

Lay Block Paving a hell of a lot easier.:):)

5. Phil the Paver

6. Corkyjohn

Corkyjohn Member

Thanks for the advice & the link Phil