Condense pipe entering soil pipe on crown

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by unphased, Feb 24, 2015.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

is this allowed? #TAGPIC 003.JPG

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Is there a strap on boss fitted, where the condensate pipe enters the soil pipe?

May be difficult to put a strap on boss, but these are just as good (19mm ones).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  3. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this is allowed (although the rest of the install looks pretty neat to me) UP to be honest.

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I can see a magnaclean filter fitted, but not sure if its fitted right and at the right point in the system without knowing the pipes, it should be fitted on the return side of the CH pipework.

If its a combi boiler, which it looks like - there should be a PRV (pressure relief valve), this is a 15mm pipe the exits out the building and is turned into the brickwork or external drain.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  5. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Cowboy job, that's just a hole drilled into the soil pipe and the condensate pipe stuck into it. It has no seal should the soile pipe back up. You need a strap on boss to comply to manufacturers instructions.

6. Looks like one of these "Will it work ok?" Almost certainly 'yes'. "Does it comply?" Probably not.

7. Thank you.

And does it comply?

8. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Stick some silicon sealant round it, before finishing the boxing in. ;);)

10. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

Is that why you had a toy horse JJ.(cowboy).:p:p

11. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

I saw a simular arrangement wedged into a rain water downpipe a while back. Not as neat as this one though

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Yep,, yeeha. :p:p:p:p

plumber-boy likes this.
  13. Akshully, you could run a smear of pipe solvent around that join - both plastic pipes should be up for that?

14. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Still won't give a guarenteed seal should the soil back up.

15. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Poor practice - how do you know how far its gone in. It could be most of the way through the soil pipe so a blockage is imminent. Simple job to solve, get 'em back if its been recently installed.

16. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

So its a resounding maybe then. :) It's been like that for several years. I just stumbled upon it because I was rewiring the boiler feed from a floor mounted surface switched fcu on to the old immersion spur switch and needed access. Why they didn't do that in the first place, dunno. :confused: