Contrete garage base and garage removal

Discussion in 'Job Talk' started by Pauly.22, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Pauly.22

Pauly.22 New Member

Hi,

I'm looking for someone/company that will be able to take away my current sectional garage, do all the ground works and leave me with a good flat concrete base, that I can use to build a garage out of breeze blocks.

In or around Birmingham would be best.

I have drawn roughly what I want, i want to use all available space hence the slightly odd shape.

The measurements are about right give or take.

Access to the garage is from a small lane behind my house.

[​IMG]

Current garage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have posted on my builder website looking for contractors.

Cheers Paul.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

If the garage still usable,no broken panels,no exposed rebar, then put on Freecycle,even Ebay, buyer to dismantle,someone will have it.:)

3. Pauly.22

Pauly.22 New Member

Yeah I'll try that once I get ready to start work.

Just struggling to find ground workers got a couple of people interested but nothing confirmed yet.

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Is that an asbestos sheet roof ?

5. Pauly.22

Pauly.22 New Member

Yeah I'm guessing it's asbestos. Another reason I want the garage taken down.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Get's expensive having abestos roofing sheets removed.

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

A lot of builders won't go neat it with asbestos. The cost of disposing of it is far two high to do it legit you may be looking at well over £1,000 for the roof itself

8. Pauly.22

Pauly.22 New Member

I've got a guy coming on Saturday to have a look. He knows about the asbestos.

Birmingham council will collect 6 bags of asbestos for free.

http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/asbestos

I can see my dad having 6 bags that week and my sister having 6 bags too

9. Tiny01

Tiny01 Member

Do well getting that lot in 6 bags or 18 failing that , don't go breaking it up whatever you do could land yourself in a hole heap of trouble by contaminating the surrounding areas depending on the type of assi it is .

10. Pauly.22

Pauly.22 New Member

The bloke said he's done loads of stuff like this. Will see what his idea is.

I've got loads of people who can have 6 bags of it though lol

I've done the asbestos awareness course twice now in the past few years. I'll be leaving it up to them to sort out.