Cooking smells from the next door neighbour

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Sheff, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Sheff

Sheff New Member

Hello folks, I apologise if this is yet ANOTHER topic on "food smells", but I will be taking up the floorboards sometime in the back bedroom because the wife and I are convinced that when the neighbour starts cooking the smell permeates through the smallest of cracks between our properties.
    The question I'm asking is, is there anything I can brush on the brickwork under the floorboards (to obviously fill the cracks) or will I have to resort to spraying expanding foam? Cheers

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

"Spraying" expanding foam - coating the entire brickwork surface will be very expensive. You may be able to get some expanding foam into the cracks but the guns aren't the best in confined spaces.

What you may be able to do is to put some beads of a gap filling grab adhesive on to something like a piece of plasterboard and use that to place a new layer on the brick work.

Is it the upstairs or downstairs room where you notice the cooking smells the most and do they have an extractor fan?