Corbyn Wins Labour Election

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Crowsfoot, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Corbyn secured 61.8% of the vote to Smith’s 38.2%. The victory strengthens his hold on a party that has expanded dramatically since the 2015 general election and now has more than 500,000 members. In last year’s contest, he won 59.5% of the vote.
    Corbyn won a majority over Smith in every category – members (59%), registered supporters (70%) and trades union affiliates (60%).

Not that any of this matters because without the Scottish majority vote It will still be impossible for Labour to win a general election!

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Perfect way to build up to an anti-climax!
    :D

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

You do know now though, that with the right leader, UKIP stand a very good chance of being second in a general election and possibly first if May not up to much.

Take that how you will.

gadget man likes this.
  4. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Labour, have relegated themselves to the league of the 'greens' and the libdems.
    Wtf, all you lefty fantasists have effrctively condemned us all to to at least a decade of tory unopposed rule.
    Sort yaselves out, will ya!

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What are you planning to do about this?

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Maybe Remoaners could demand a second vote. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

7. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Eh, what?
    Your lot have made the bed we all have to lie in, I certainly won't be voting for a labour candidate under the rule of, Corby, come 2020.

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You don't like the tories, you don't like labour, you don't like europe, what do you like?

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

10. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I think that LibDems may have a chance of a revival after that vote,but it really is a guess as to what will happen in British politics ! :eek::eek::eek:

11. I know how you take it - with delight.

12. Longs is blaming the lefties for Britain's current ills.

I think I've heard it all now :p

13. "Your lot"?!

What the...?!

I think that was you and you fellow goose-stepping morons. :rolleyes:

14. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

What we have now is a clear choice for the British Public at the next election.

TM... A continuation/expansion of the private investment sector and more austerity measures for the British public hoping our national dept can be reduced.

JC.... The direct opposite of the above, the start of a movement to take industry into public ownership (nationalise) and try to end austerity for the British public.

I don't think any of the other parties are able to mount a serious challenge to the Tories.

Winning back the Scottish vote is instrumental for Labour at the next election.

However, I don't see JC ever becoming a prime minister.

15. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Nobody can foresee what will happen in politics. A possible scenario is that the SNP eventually fade in Scotland when they realise it would be economic suicide to have independence thus increasing Labour's support there. In England what might swing it for Labour is if T May cannot deliver a Brexit which is acceptable to the electorate and looses public support and calls a general election before 2020. That would be an admission of failure. UKIP have been side lined both during and after the referendum and it would surely be impossible for them to go from one MP to a majority in the Commons but who knows?

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'm rightly laying the blame at the lefty's door for electing Corby.
    I don't think it's particularly healthy for any government to rule without a credible opposition, and that is exactly what we now have.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  17. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

The USA and Russia are fighting a proxy war in Syria. There are dangers in escalation whoever gets the presidency. Having a pacifist (Corbyn) on the World stage might not be a bad thing.

18. Fair do's.

19. Yes, the SNP can fade just as quickly as the Labour Party did.

The rise of the SNP was just like the rise of the extreme right and left further south - not formed from reason or rationalising the situation, but a populist knee-jerk lashing out against the 'establishment'. Without them even understanding what the establishment they were punching at actually really was.

'Politics' has really gorn down the pan! And with this, anything can indeed happen.

Brexiters, pull on yer jackboots.

20. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

"SNP eventually fade in Scotland when they realise it would be economic suicide to have independence thus increasing Labour's support there."

There are more than a few in Scotland that would laugh at that statement. Labour is all but dead up there, and following Dugdales interview today on the Politics Show, not likely to raise again (before Easter anyway!!).