Corbyn Wins Labour Election

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Crowsfoot, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

This show how little you know or understand me.

Though given the opposition ???

2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Well, one point out of a possible three is better than nowt, I suppose.
    Well done.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Just going off what you have said.

4. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I accept that it may have been interpreted that way, but I don't affiliate myself too any leaning of the political spectrum.
    I tend to stick in the middle ground as I agree with many of the policies from both sides.
    Corby, in my view, is a dangerous fanatic (if he had a shot at actual governance), but instead will do nothing more than drive the Labour party into political obscurity now he's bolstered by a second majority approval.
    The balance of credible opinion has been removed for at least a decade, and he's 'typically' too stubborn to even acknowledge the fact.

5. Sorry, is UKIP a little centrist for you? :rolleyes:

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Centrist, that's the word!

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  7. Don't forget that the SNP were similarly 'all but dead' up there a few short years ago (ok, not as dead as Labour currently is...) and - at the time - were pretty much a right-wing party to all intent and purposes.

The SNP's astonishing rise has been a 'populist' one, based on glib sound-bites and false promises happily swallowed by a population encouraged to believe that 'politics' was a simple thing, so easy to 'understand', and all they had to do was bray.

And, of course, it's been since shown to be hollow. Have the SNP been contrite about this? Of course not - they still hold on to all the populist policies like free tuition, prescription charges, council tax freezes - while their borrowing grows alarmingly to support it.

Politics has lost its sense. People have been led to believe that they can have it all, whatever it is they want - just listen to the person with the best sound bites.

Salmond, Sturgeon, Trump, Farage, Johnson, etc etc.

It is all lies. And will ultimately be exposed as such (although taking just one morning - as it was with Brexit - was something quite extraordinary...:rolleyes:)

So, yes, it can all collapse again, just as easily.

8. You wish...

Phil, you are as transparent as a transparent thing.

And it's all very ugly indeed.

And there you go again; "Though given the opposition ???" as if you were somehow forced into being a fascist by the lousy opposition. Boo-hoo - it's not my fault - I'm chust going for the best of a bad bunch. I hate all politicians really. See me? I have an opinion! I don't trust any of them! See me? etc etc etc.

You have no idea of the utter contempt in which I hold your spineless & dishonest posturings. Go forth and goose-step.

9. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Which shows your knowledge of Scottish matters! Scotland is still constrained and is compelled by law to balance it's budget each year - so what is all this 'borrowing' guff?

Are you going to go down the GERS route? I do hope so!

10. The full total of your 160 IQ brought to bear there - and we're reeling.

Link and run. Snipe and run. Snide and run. Insinuate and run. Promote hatred and run.

But never ever say what's actually inside you - 'cos it's so repellent.

Yuck.

11. GERS, whatever.

Scotland is running s significantly higher public spending deficit compared to the rest of the UK.

Part of that - I cannot say how much - is down to the governing party there continuing with populist policies it simply cannot afford financially - whilst at the same time cannot politically afford not to.

12. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Scotland gets it's fixed 'pocket money' from Westminster and must, by law, stay within that amount!
    How the Scots government chooses to spend their cash is up to them - they choose free prescriptions, free elderly care, no bedroom tax, no student fees etc - they are not allowed to borrow more!!

Is it any wonder so many English people retire to there?? Benefits galore.

13. Ok, soz.They ain't allowed to borrow - which probably explains why their defect is circa £15bn.

It's unsustainable. Whilst they spend money on some unjustifiable (in times of recession) but highly popular and very visible areas, other services will suffer.

That is not an issue for the SNP because they will always blame Westminster for any effects of 'cuts' - even tho' they get relatively more than the rest of us - whilst also claiming "it'll be great once we're independent".

This is populist politics. It's disingenuous, and really pretty tragic.

14. Phil the Paver

Yuck. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

As I said the ramberlings of a mad man

15. Fine. If I am mad, then you are a decent person.

16. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

So you finally DID need to resort to GERS!!!

The figure of £15bn comes because of the way the figures are given by the English government, and bear no relevance at all to what they would be post independence. Scotland is prevented from accessing the complete financial figures by the Treasury - they make all kinds of assumptions and guesses to arrive at them!

Have you ever stopped to ask what England's deficit is? (Because it is never produced as a figure.)

Are you aware that it was recently revealed in the UK export figures that England exports nine times as much Scotch whisky than Scotland???? I never realised England had such a thriving whisky industry!!

It's all smoke and mirrors to suit the agenda of Westminster.

17. You seem a little over-excited by that comment.

I didn't 'resort' to anything other than a generally understood truism - Scotland is spending beyond its means by following some populist SNP policies that keep the public keen.

Or, is it not like that?

18. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

How many times does it have to be said ?? - Scotland is NOT ALLOWED to 'overspend', legally it MUST stay within it's budget. Which part of that do you not understand?

ps Did you see Dugdale's car crash interview with Brewer on the Sunday Politics - now that got me excited!!

19. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Pink Panther likes this.
  20. Phil the Paver

This is about as left wing as you can get, when the battles lost start attacking the messenger.

The ultimate in low bringing my wife into your lost argument, sad, truly sad.