Corbyn Wins Labour Election

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Crowsfoot, Sep 24, 2016.

1. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

Unionist propaganda to discredit our great and beloved Leader.

It's all English lies I tells ye.;)

(and don't believe a word of the GERS report either.
    It's all lies as well... even though it's produced by the Scottish govt from it's own figures):rolleyes:

Pink Panther and PaulBlackpool like this.
  2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I agree with you!

3. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

GERS is not produced from Scottish government figures but from guesswork done by the Treasury in Westminster, who decide all matters fiscal in the union.

4. parahandy

Is it? Really?

The SNP were more than happy to cite GERS in the run up to the independence ref when the figures were more flattering, but now
    they claim it's all lies. Funny that.

Still following the Rev Wings over Bath by any chance?

Pink Panther likes this.
  5. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Find the 'Wee Ginger Dug' more to my taste, but at least 'Wings over Scotland' does back up all his facts with appropriate links for any claims he makes!! ( and the popularity of the site just seems to keep growing, so he must be doing something right).

Perhaps, sometime, you could take one of his articles and attempt to prove it wrong?!!

6. parahandy

Oh I dunno. How about the time(s) he blamed Liverpool supporters for the Hillsborough disaster?

Pink Panther likes this.
  7. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Got a link to that, parahandy? I seem to remember there were lots of people with similar views at that time (27 years ago!!). It took 25 years of inquiries to ascertain the truth, remember.

If a 27 year old 'opinion' ( presumably expressed before all the investigations had been done, as you don't link to the particular article he wrote!!) is the best you've got to disparage someone with, then so be it!!!

Why not try one of the more relevant ones that address the independence issue, perhaps??

8. parahandy

9. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

parahandy

I confess to never having seen that particular report (Daily Record would never cross my doorstep!), and on that matter I do disagree with his sentiments. Having said that he has 'exposed' DR hypocrisy so many times, they do have an axe to grind, I think.

However, his views on independence coincide with my own and he provides excellent commentary, and analysis, on the media ( both newspapers and BBC Scotland) - all normally backed with evidence.

Pink Panther likes this.
  10. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

11. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

They are factual and not just for publicity (his site doesn't carry adverts for income!!), he simply takes apart some newspaper articles in a very incisive way. In fact today's article is a perfect example of showing up the way the Express gets their incorrect messages across - http://wingsoverscotland.com/expressway-to-lietown/

Pink Panther likes this.
  12. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Member

I was watching with interest to see how you'd reply to Para's posts, Lanc - and have to say that the balanced reply you gave was to your credit.

There is still the matter of Paul's post, however, where he indicated the increasingly large amount of public sector borrowing by the Scottish Parliament.

13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Member

Express, Record, Sun, Mirror - all, to a greater or lesser extent, peddle a distortion of the truth.

I don't know anything about this Wings fellow, but it's a shame there aren't more like him, disseminating fact from fiction.

Badly needed during the EU campaign.

14. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Member

I detect a large quantity of false-indignation. A massive dollop of pseudo-pique.

In any case, Phil, you were the one to first bring up the matter of your wife in an earlier thread - and not in a particularly dignified way.

15. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

It's a pity more of us English people don't 'dip into' this Wings site and see the other side of the Scottish media 'debate'.

In Scotland almost every newspaper, and BBC Scotland, all take every opportunity to smear the SNP - and none of these papers are owned in Scotland (mainly off-shore owners) - so these 'blogs' are the only way to try and balance the playing field.

I came across one of his articles about a week ago called "The squandered bounty", a quite devastating resume of the oil industry - not pleasant reading from an English point of view, I have to say!

16. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Thanks for the response to that reply of mine - appreciated.

Only two comments on Paul's post:-

1. Guardian has it's own agenda.

2. The article was from last year - surely from it's tone Scotland would have 'hit the buffers' by now? I'm not aware of any such event!

17. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I was not aware that the Guardian had a particular Unionist agenda as regards Scotland. That newspaper is a left-wing paper and was it not Labour that suggested devolution in the first place?

December 2015 is only a few months ago.
    As the UK as a whole is operating a annual budget deficit it would be very surprising if Scotland on its own was balancing its budget. Nothing else is . Take the NHS for example.
    There may be a distinction to be made in the Guardians' figures between revenue and capital but I really don't know.

Electric Jane likes this.
  18. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Paul, I keep pointing out that Scotland has to balance it's budget - by law!! This is one of the main reasons they want independence, so they could make their own decisions on investment in infrastructure and services.

Devolution is not the same as independence - the Guardian is completely against that (just like the Labour Party - which explains why Labour went from 41 MPs to 1 MP at the last GE). Labour are now even behind the Tories in the Scottish Parliament - and this in the land where Labour used to weigh their votes - in the space of only a couple of years!

NHS Scotland is ahead of NHS England in all measures, waiting times A&E etc and they have had no doctor's strikes - could this be because it's devolved and run by Scotland??

19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I was referring to his comments about Hillsborough, it's like a tiger being put in a house and killing all inside.
    The 'tiger' without a doubt killed the people and that's why his opinion is a factual one, but only said to cause offense and gain him the inevitable publicity that follows. His tactics are crystal clear.
    Not a mention of who let the tiger in the house in the first place.

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

This seems to have turned into a debate about Scottish politics rather than the labour party. :):)