Corbyn Wins Labour Election

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Crowsfoot, Sep 24, 2016.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I haven't followed it fully.

2. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

We don't 'want' independence though. We had a referendum in 2014 and rejected it. Remember that?

The SNP grievance monkeys want independence and they want it at any cost. Thankfully, people are starting to get wise to them though.

3. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Pity you didn't finish my sentence - "....so they could make their own decisions on investment in infrastructure and services."

You say, "Thankfully, people are starting to get wise to them though."

In 2014 people were lied to "You must vote No to remain in the EU", "Vote No or you will lose your pensions", "Vote No for a federal solution", and I could go on with many more.

Since that independence referendum the SNP membership increased by 100, 000, and Labour were wiped out in Scotland at the General election - and you still think it's all 'grievance', well I think it is as well!! Grievance that they were deceived so badly.

And maybe people are getting wise (but not in the way you think!!)>

4. parahandy

Yeah, mate, In 2014 the people of Scotland were lied to. The SNP white paper being the biggest lie. What a load of kak. No wonder fat Eck resigned.

I know plenty who voted for independence in 2014 who wouldn't now.
    I don't know any who voted against it who have changed their mind. You do the math.

As long as folk keep clicking the donate button on the Right Reverend Wings over Bath's wee blog he'll keep posting his fakey nationalist pash. (I hear he's nearly hit £500k in donations). How long does it take to earn half a million quid writing game reviews?

Nice work
    ...if you can get it. ;)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  5. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

6. parahandy

You're right. I'm only basing that on opinions of people that I know.

It's very possible that opinion is different in your part of Scotland. Where is that again?

7. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

You gave anecdotal evidence for your case, I gave REAL facts and figures!

My figures covered the WHOLE of Scotland (a General election, remember!!), not just a couple of your own close friends - why don't you do the maths?

"Where is that again?" Are you saying that I can only have an opinion on Scottish independence if I actually reside there?

ps You earlier said "The SNP white paper being the biggest lie." - can you provide any example of where lies were told in that document??

8. parahandy

No mate, you are 100% entitled to have an opinion on Scottish independence.

It's just that, since you can't convert that opinion into an actual vote, you're opinion is irrelevant. There's a fact for you.

I'm not here to provide you with examples either. Try google.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  9. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

If you cannot provide an example of what YOU introduced as an argument, then your argument is obviously so weak as to be nonsensical, I'm afraid! Surely if you claim something was 'lies' you should be able to show some evidence.........then again.....!!

10. parahandy

It isn't an argument. It is my opinion.

But since we're here and purely out of curiosity, how would you describe the oil revenue estimates put forward by the SNP in their publicly funded 'Big Expensive Book of Lies and Propaganda' (oops...there's my opinion again)?

A) A bit of an exaggeration.

B) Wishful thinking.

C) A whopper of gargantuan proportions.

Further reading.

Of course, the Bishop of Bath will have some BS reason why this isn't true and the gullible will keep clicking the donate button because it's all Westminster's fault.
    It's the SNP way.

11. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

1. The oil price estimated at the time in the White Paper was exactly in line with both the Treasury and the IFS - so they ALL got it wrong. These were not LIES, anyway, they were possibly due to the fact that oil has always been a volatile commodity whose price, worldwide, took a sudden tumble. Yet you keep insisting it was lies?? If that is so then the Treasury and IFS are equally guilty of lying.

2. Oil forms a small part of Scotland's revenue - all tax from N. Sea oil goes directly to the Treasury! You should really look into what other natural resources Scotland has.

3. Look at the GERS figures (that you place your trust in!!) and you will see that Scotland's deficit in the years following the oil price crash hardly changed. Do you ask yourself why that can be when 'their' oil revenues were said to have fallen by about 90% - makes no sense, surely the Scots deficit should have been staggeringly HIGHER??

4. Are you aware that the Wings over Scotland site is NOT endorsed by the SNP - and never has been. It's not only SNP supporters who want Independence.

5. Finally, just answer one question :- If Scotland is now so 'poor' without it's oil, why does England press so hard to keep it in the Union??

12. parahandy

Oil forms a small part of Scotland's revenue?
    The pro independence campaign was based on how rich we'd be if only England weren't stealing it.

It's only now that the true value of oil revenues has been revealed that the snp are playing it down.

As the saying goes...

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

13. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

It is telling how you only attempt to address one of my five 'points'!!

Can you, maybe, just answer my final question??? If not then it must be presumed Scotland does have plentiful assets that England can grab.

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

You are absolutely correct and that is why Westminster is so worried about another referendum - but Project Fear will not work for them a second time, I fear.

14. parahandy

I've really
    I've really no interest in reading your posts never mind address them.

Fortunately, in the event of another referendum, you won't have a say.

15. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

I'm sooo sad to hear you won't read my posts!!
    However, my immediate family (8 voters in total) do reside in Scotland, so I will have a little influence, I expect!!

16. parahandy

Let's hope not.

17. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Why do some of you Scots not see that your Nation would be better making decisions for yourselves, in Scotland?
    Why do you think of yourselves as so inferior that you need 'mother England' to look after you?
    Are you men or mice?

Many other small countries, with far less resources and skills than Scotland manage to be independent and thrive - why do you feel this need to be ruled by someone else? Defies all logic - but as you said "You can't fool all of the people all of the time".

18. parahandy

We've got our own government ta very much.
    They're a bunch of whining republicans who, instead of dealing with real issues, write letters of complaint because Tesco started putting Union flag labels on raspberries instead of the Saltire . They are so blindly parochial it's actually embarrassing.

I hate the Tories with a passion (as do most Scots) but I prefer them to this shower who purport to be a our government.
    In fact, there was a recent poll where Ruth Davidson and Theresa May were more popular in Scotland than Wee Nippy. Why do you think that is?

The only people still interested in Independence are the sort who refer to the Union flag as 'the butchers apron' and those are the people the SNP are pinning any independence hopes on. I say hopes but I'll be very surprised if they have another bash at Independence at all to be honest. It's a dead duck and Sturgeon knows it.

19. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

You have hit the nail on the head, and as the hated Tories proceed to ignore the views of Scots about Europe and drag them out, many more will favour independence - it's coming and that's why the 'fear' campaign is already started.

If you honestly think indyref2 will not be called within two years then I think you are in for a big surprise.

20. parahandy

Oooh! I love surprises.

However, keeping in mind that the last time the SNP tried for independence based on a wildly over estimated presumption of oil revenues (or blatant lie as it's more commonly known) and failed and those figures have now been utterly trashed, do you think it likely more people will vote for independence than the last time?

That would take a special kind of stupidity. And that's why Sturgeon can't afford to take that chance.

She doesn't want to do a 'Fat Eck' now does she?

[​IMG]