cordless

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by spen123, Dec 29, 2016.

1. spen123

spen123 Screwfix Select

whats the best 18v circularsaw to buy?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got any cordless tools already.

I have a Bosch GKS 18 V-LI circular saw, powerful, very good tool, but you do need to use the larger batteries like 4Ah,5Ah & 6Ah to get the run time.

No idea as how it compares with the Makita DSS611Z LXT 18v cordless circular saw.

But, Makita do have a wider range of cordless saw, & have the DHS710Z a 190mm circular saw, it's a 36v model, uses two 18v batteries.:eek:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  3. spen123

spen123 Screwfix Select

i have milwaukee and bosch. Brother has makita tools but batteries dont last.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Heard a few moans about Makita batteries failing, that why I stay with Bosch, when I changed from Ni cad to Li-ion battery tools.

5. Doall

Doall Active Member

Use dewalt xr myself 18v no moans from me

6. spen123

spen123 Screwfix Select

you used the flex volt?

7. Doall

Doall Active Member

No bud but thinking that's the way forward got about 12 4amp battery's but thinking of getting 2 flex for my mitre saw

8. spen123

spen123 Screwfix Select

mixed reviews on them thats all, but then again they all have bad points. At least they have a plunge saw and table saw

9. FatherStack

FatherStack New Member

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

11. Job and Knock

Job and Knock Member

The brushless DHS680 is a far better saw than the brushed DSS610 - the battery life is up by maybe 40% whilst it is also a far more powerful saw, too (something like 600watts vs. 350 watts). The DHS710 is a much bigger, heavier saw and unlike its' Milwaukee equivalent it isn't brushless. So battery life won't be as good.

That old chestnut! 3 or 4 years back I'd have said something similar - since the Star batteries and D-series tools came out the liklihood of overheating a battery is about nil. The batteries also give 3 to 4 years in heavy trade use - about the same as the lifespan of colleagues Milwaukee, Metabo and Bosch kit. I've been on Makita for nearly 9 years now, so I saw the issues with the really early Li-Ion tools.