Core Drills

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Deleted member 25896, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Having just had to drill a series of 110m holes for X fans I wondered if some core bits were better than others. I'm currently using a set of Ryobi's but after yesterday's experience money is suddenly less of an object! Any recommendations? Cheers.

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Sorry, never seen any 110m X-shaped core bits. That's some big holes. Are you building a airplane tunnel?
    o_O

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

3. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

I've used allsorts, but I must say I find Erbaeur very good and up there with the more wellknown brands;)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

5. plumberboy

Them titan SDS drills seem to get really good reviews Tom,is yours still going well.

6. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

and that Titan drill is good too. I've had two of 'um. The chucks eventually stick out, but other than that, really good. fair play.

7. plumberboy

Hi Fats.
    What do mean in stick out,I'm guessing you mean the SDS part gets seized up so you can't get a drill piece in.
    Sorry for being stupid but it was the way I was born.:(

8. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

he's quite right the chuck in my first one buggered up and it snapped a drill off inside, I'd had it for 18 months so s/fix gave me another as they're guarranteed for 2 years and that ones still going, and for £49.99 that's a steal,:)

9. plumberboy

You can't beat a good bargain aTom,screwfix are very good with their returns though unlike other places.;)

10. itchyspanner

itchyspanner Member

unless your drill many lots of holes that titan drill should be fine. Everyday use it will give up the ghost very quickly and you will want a proper core drill as they are faster and designed for purpose.

btw you need a 6" core to get soil fittings into the wall.

11. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

hi mate,
    As Tom has already replied, the slot part of the chuck sticks out so (in my case anyhow) the bits wouldn't lock in. Fair play to Screwfix, they just swap it out for a new one. Top marks. I know the 4KG Dewalts are the real deal, but they are also about £400!

12. plumberboy

Cheers Fats.:):)