Correct paint for wood cladding in bathroom

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Kurt, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Kurt

Kurt New Member

Hey all

I've putting some wooden cladding in my bathroom on the side of the bath and would like it white. We've tested using normal white paint but it gets scuffed really easily and looks odd when splashed with water, etc.

I'm thinking of using gloss as it should survive all of that but I don't think it will look as good as matt paint. So, what I'm looking for I suppose is paint that looks matt but has the toughness and water resistance of gloss. Firstly, is there such a paint? If not then I suppose I can paint it matt then clear varnish it but if I do, do you think it'll look pretty well exactly like I've painted it in gloss anyway?

Cheers
    Kurt
  2. paintycait

paintycait New Member

Flat oil available from Dulux Trade and Farrow and Ball and probably others but I don't know any off the top of my head. It's exactly what it says an oil paint that is flat.
    Cait
  3. Peter the Painter

Peter the Painter New Member

Hi K., paintycait is right with flatoil. The only drawback with this oilbased paint is that it will yellow in time.
    You could use "Dulux Diamond Matt" instead.
    It's similar to qd. eggshell but gives you a matt finish. I've use it lots in bathrooms and ones full cured its very hardwearing.