Cost of Fencing Installation

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by mackie, Mar 29, 2016.

1. mackie

mackie Member

Hi all,

Thanks to Storm Katie I now am the proud owner of a 18 foot gap where my fence used to be (3 panels). This is (was) part of a run of 11 panels.

Rather than replacing just the 3 panels that are gone I am thinking of replacing the complete run with standard 6x6 panels, concrete posts and 6in Gravel Boards. So I can do my calcs on money can anyone give me an idea of '£xx' per panel for labour. I would get someone in to do it but need to work out the maths first as my money is tied up in another project at the moment.

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Including removal of the old, look at around £100 a bay, so £1100.00 supply and fit, tidy up and remove all the old fencing.

3. mikki

mikki Member

Just got our 13 panels done with concrete gravel boards and clearing all rubbish for £1040

4. echelon101

echelon101 Member

Recently, I had five posts installed for £320 incl mats+labour (my mats costs are my own based on me trying to do the job and getting stuff from DIY places (e.g. B&Q/Wickes)

Materials 1 x 100 posts = £15; (1x 100 post my own); 3 x 75 post = £30; 3 bags of postcrete = £20
    Labour (£270 remaining), 6 hours (took 2 guys about three hours) £45ph

Same company also did 2 posts for £180 incl mats+ labour

Mats 1x100 = £15, 1x75=£10, 1 bag post crete = £10
    Labour (£145), two guys two hours = 4 hours = £36

I'd guess that may you'd maybe calculate £45ph per guy, don't get into the supervisor/labourer level of detail unless there is a large gang.

I have plumbers that charge £75 1st hour/£35 remainder and a sparky that does £25/hr.

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What?

6. echelon101

echelon101 Member

Bad, good or ugly?

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I can't work out how you've broken down your costs, I didn't try very hard to be honest.

8. echelon101

echelon101 Member

Basically I reckoned that the hourly rate for labour during work I had done was between 35 to 45per hour excl VAT.