Cromar Pro-ridge universal Ridge and Hip system .

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Mint, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Mint

Mint New Member

Hi Anyone happen to use this system and know whether its actually got BAA certification please ? Have been told yes and no , and cant ring Cromar till Monday to check . Cant find the info on site either.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Mint likes this.
  3. Mint

Mint New Member

Yes, that was my conclusion as it wasnt stated on the box. Thanks. What dyou mean about the shelf life though - surely its guaranteed for x years?

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

See my link, the product has a shelf life, which surprised me.

Mint likes this.
  5. Mint

Mint New Member

Hadnt picked that up first reading , but I did see it says 'Highly durable, with a service life similar to roof structure and finishes' - surely a shelf life cant imply that packed away in a box, it doesnt have durability ?? Weird since it has durability once under a ridge tile outside in all temperatures for the life of a normal roof. How odd.
    Apologies by the way , I meant BBA certificate earlier .

6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Interesting the words the use:

Ventilation compliance to BS5250:2011. Mechanical fixing compliance to BS5534:2014. Manufactured to German Standard DIN 4108

It doesn't say it has been certified or even tested to these standards

In terms of the shelf life, I guess it is relating to the adhesive going "off" before being used, flashband is much the same.

Mint likes this.
  7. Mint

Mint New Member

Ah, most probably yes. Thanks. Wonder what holds it down to the tiles on the side bits that stick out from underneath then ,when the glue goes --especially when used with a profiled tile like double Roman. Ive seen dry systems where the hip tile comes well down to meet the mat , but these Cromar universals without a tray ,seem to sit high and leave a big gap . Dont like the look at all.