CSCS card headache

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by APWcarpentry, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Xander

Xander New Member

Hmmm something isn't right here. I'm a recruitment consultant for the construction and engineering industry and having C&G should be way more then enough.

What you need to do is to take a H&S test (I think having a recent NVQ lvl2 means no H&S is needed as its incorporated already). Once you pass your test which is valid for 1 to 2 years is to send that off with ANY trade certificates you have...in your case your C&G and you will receive a card.

You will probably receive a green card which is a General operative card and on the reverse it should display your C&G qualifications.

Who was it that told you that you needed an NVQ?

At worst you will get a red card which is the basic card...but still it's a CSCS card.

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I'm a recruitment consultant for the construction and engineering industry and having C&G should be way more then enough.

another middle management pen pushin' desk jockey making a livin leeching off the backs of working folk, Its the revenue from the cscs scam thats paying your wage, that's what its all about, a cash cow, :mad:

3. Xander

Xander New Member

:) wish the CSCS scam was paying my wage; sadly it is not! However what is paying my wage is finding jobs for the desperate back breaking working folk who are desperate to feed their families and pay the rent on time!
    If I don't find them jobs...then I wont be able to feed my family or pay rent either! :/ - I'm more of a helper then a pen pusher :p

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

My CSCS Gold Card is valid for 5 yrs after taking the easy peasy multiple answer test. Surely a recruitment consultant would be aware of how long the CSCS cards are valid for. ;);)

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Xander, a recruitment consultant suggests, salery,company car,pension,expenses, if you're only a dogs body, say so, no one will laugh here, :rolleyes:

6. Xander

Xander New Member

@joinerjohn1 haha yeah I was talking about the H&S cert being valid for a short time not the CSCS card ;)

@tom.plum salary; yes , company car; no , pension; no , expenses; no :( I work with my dad - its a little family business, the two of us! I'm not a City boy making the big bucks :s to be fair we don't actually like sitting behind a desk...we like breaking and making things :D

7. james clouston

james clouston New Member

WHAT ABOUT US BRICKLAYERS THAT WERE HERE BEFORE THEY BROUGHT ALL THIER MONEY RIP OFF IDEAS AND BEFORE THIER NVQ'SEVEN EXISTED IT'S BLOODY TERRIBLE I'VE 36 YEARS EXPERIENCE AND IT COUNTS FOR NOTHING GET A PETITION GOING FIGHT BACK AT LEAST DICK TURPIN HAD THE DECENCY TO WERE A MASK WHEN HE ROBBED YOU