CU replacement AMD 3

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Coloumb, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

2. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Difficult if it's a replacement for one that's already under the stairs Col.

3. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Fair point.

4. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Just as a matter of interest I recently installed my first AMD3 compliant board, a Contactum Defender, no problems, couldn't fault it and will certainly use the same again.

FatHands likes this.
  5. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

TLC Sen?

6. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

No I don't have a TLC very local to me.

7. FatHands

Where do you get your stuff from Sen? If you don't mind me asking

8. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

It's a place local to me called H. Lilley & co. They only have a couple of shops though, not the cheapest of suppliers but very near me and very helpful as regards obtaining stuff that I need, they also send me some work from customers that go into their shop.

FatHands and PaulBlackpool like this.
  9. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Very nice to hear. This is what it would be like in times gone by. It is not all about price and I bet you would have no problems if something you bought was faulty.

seneca likes this.
  10. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Exactly Paul.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  11. FatHands

Thanks Sen. Yeah I am all up for trying to keep the smaller places going too

12. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Lilley and Co in Footscray Road Sen?

13. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Same firm JP but I use the Biggin Hill branch.

14. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Right Sen and thanks. Must admit always thought you hailed from up north, I didn't know you was a Londoner. Do you ever go to the Biggin Hill air shows?

15. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

16. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Haven't been for several years now as we can see quite a lot from our house, I used to spend quite a lot of time at the airport when I was flying regularly but don't bother anymore as it's got so difficult and expensive to fly from there since they started getting more involved with commercial flights.

17. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Cheers Sen interesting m8. What sort of plane did you pilot? was it a Cessna or a plane like that?
    Just doing research on some of my uncles sorties he flew in during the later part of ww2. He was a navigator in 35 Squadron and flew in the Halifaxes - TL-H end designation - which is the Halifax mk1.

18. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Mostly Cessna 152 and 172 and Piper Cherokee, my favourite was the Piper Seneca twin, (hence my screen name!) Google Piper Seneca 2 to have a look. I am still licenced but haven't flown for about 3 years or so, it always was an expensive hobby but has got even more so now, plus the fact that a couple of my flying mates that used to cost-share with me have packed up flying. The elec. work and my motorcycles keep me occupied these days though!

19. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Nice one Sen, good stuff m8 - like yourself I have an avid interest in aircraft although my bias is towards ww2 planes such as the Halifax, Lancaster bombers etc. I'm rather lucky because the London RAF museum is about 10mins away from my house (Hendon). Anyway cheers m8 - I better not write any more otherwise I will get a rollicking from Mr C.

20. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Well funny thing is I used to do a fair amount of flying when I was younger. I used to fly from Blackbushe with European Flyers but they went bust. Also take the kids to Hendon from time to time as we live down near Luton way.

I always thought both of you were from up north or midlands way. Strange.