Customer Service

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by clive holland, Jan 11, 2013.

1. clive holland

clive holland New Member

Don't bother asking these guy any questions. They don't know anything about their own products and won't go and look anything up for you. When I asked specifics about how much weight some fixings could take, which should have been listed on their website but the page was missing, they informed me that "If you don't know what you are doing, you should go and pay a tradesman". So I won't be buying any of thee fixings I need here! I will go and find someone that understands the purpose of the products they are selling and go and buy some from them.

Just plain rude, patronizing and insulting.   cheers guys

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Time,,,,, to fetch in the "Good Guys" Clive. ;)
    You can meet them here.

www.**************.scam
    Message edited by Screwfix Moderator, for fear it may show Screwfix in an extremely realistic light. (May even show Screwfix to be the rob doggin b*****ds we really are).

3. Fat Tony

Fat Tony New Member

Trade Counters are utterly useless. Now Screwfix.com - they are really good.

4. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

"If you don't know what you are doing, you should go and pay a tradesman". So I won't be buying any of thee fixings I need here! I will go and find someone that understands the purpose of the products they are selling and go and buy some from them.

HMMMMM. Firstly I completely agree with what was said to you. Its a trade counter where people who know what they want before they go in. If you are unsure about something do your research before you go in, for example ask on here rather than try to ask when you are there because they are counter staff not experts.

Secondly the reason you arent going to buy your fixings from Screwfix isnt becausen of some moral stance its because you they cant tell you in great detail exactly what you need thus you would probably end up with your flat screen tv flat on the floor. Sorry if you are offended.

5. gertcher

gertcher New Member

I agree with goldenboy.

There is a leagal element in this. If a member of staff offeres information and it turns out to be incorrect, the member of staff and the company could be liable if something goes wrong. The member of staff might know the infomation asked for but not confident enough to be sure of it, so it is safer for them to say nothing rather than put themselves in a compramising situation