Customers watching you as you work ha ha ha

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by heat-doctor, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Fair do's, Jit, and every time a trades peep comes here (not often, really only a GasSafe...) I would love to see what they are doing and how they do it. But I keep my distance 'cos I know what it can be like.

I am genuinely interested, that's all, but I suspect many people do it out of 'suspicion' of a job not being done properly or summat, and that's why trades peeps hate it.

I don't blame them.

Jitender likes this.
  2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Ever watched a trade show, people always want to see work being done.

There was a stained glass window maker last year at the show, and watched very keenly how he's make up the unit. Interesting and inspiring :)

3. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

I find pole dancers fascinating! Can't take my eyes off them:D

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Don't do pole dancing, but have done pole lathe turning :)

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I once fitted a dancing pole in a celebrity's house.

6. I understand you carry out a full test of all your installations too?

teabreak and Jitender like this.
  7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Nooooo not Miley Cyrus wrecking ball :eek:

8. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Overload them with information they soon bigger off.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  9. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Customers watching you??

People watching you..... :eek:

10. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Isn't that what we all like doing anyway :D

11. I love 'people watching' :)

Fascinating things, these humans.

12. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

13. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Ever noticed a building site with scaffolding when workmen are on working on top, and a nice girl walks past, who's watching now :oops: :)

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Or if you like Jeremy Kyle, sub humans.

15. 14th edition

14th edition Well-Known Member

Had a tenant do this the other day, very irritating. He was French but spoke perfect English and the only thing that cheered me up was that he sounded like Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau. I found myself smiling at inappropriate moments of the conversation which seemed to confuse him when he was asking stupid questions! Little things....

16. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I once had about 12 people around me while i setup 3 laptops!!!! lol

17. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Much the same here, recently had a couple of weeks off work and got in some essential trades to do work that I simply can't do - moving the gas meter, installing a dizzy, felling trees etc. I like to help where I can (lugging branches) and often there are arbitrary decisions to be made like exactly where to put cables, pipes etc that I can opine on. I'm inquisitive and might ask a "why do you do it like that" sort of question in order to understand and learn, but I won't challenge whether they're doing it right or not.

Beverages and biscuits are always offered and I try to make the trades feel welcome - that way they'll often do a little extra and know that I appreciate what they're doing.

18. Tomas

Tomas New Member

I remember myself in that role. It was the first time when I worked as project manager. The project - to assembly the staircase (metal gratings) in Tallin. I worried a lot, because I was beginner. So I talk a lot with employees, asked about every detail, gave a lot of tasks...a lot of activity, you know;) Sure that I was funny! Guys from Metal-Disain, if u r reading this - sorry for stupid questions and my behavior;)