Dam key in lock advice

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by neibick76, Apr 18, 2017.

1. neibick76

neibick76 Member

All of a sudden the bloody lock on the back door wont lock or unlock. I have the door open. Its cylinder lock on a doubke glazed door New build house. The key will not do anything but stay stuck in the lock. I have removed the lock screw and tryed to align the cam to remove ot but it will bot align. I have even temoved the full door lock strip to reveal the lock mechanism itself.

Any advice lads

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Call out a locksmith...........they see it all to often ........job done in a couple of minutes.

KIAB likes this.
  3. neibick76

neibick76 Member

Ues and prob £200 later

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Guy I use and recommend £68 to attend and open. Replacement parts would incur an extra charge.

5. neibick76

neibick76 Member

Just called someone. £69 labour plus part so done that. Might as well. Just thought someone might of had this prob before

Astramax likes this.
  6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I do not know how to free off the lock as he is unable to tell me due to security reasons and code of practice, if you watch the guy work when he gets to you he will probably distract you to look the other way and when you look back the door will be open!:eek:

7. neibick76

neibick76 Member

The door is open we juat cant lock it or get the key out

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Change my last few words to....will have the key out!:D:rolleyes:

9. neibick76

neibick76 Member

10. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Sharp tap on the end of the key with a tap-hammer might do it!

11. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Yeah....what happened?

13. Working On It

Working On It Member

Hes probably locked himself out...Key wont come out as the lock is neither fully open or fully closed, first thing to do is to loosen the handles and the mech, usually does the job.

WOI

14. dwlondon

dwlondon Active Member

I get any locks and copies only from proper locksmiths now. Shoe shiners and kiosks sell crappy versions, which can lead to such problems.