Danfoss Rx1 and Danfoss thermostat

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Asif iqbal, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Asif iqbal

Asif iqbal New Member

Hi folks I'm really not that clever when it comes to these things so please try and be helpful

I have a combi boiler with thermostat and receiver both Danfoss

I somehow managed to set the thermostat programme on the thermostat, but my boiler does go on on the morning

How do i activate the RX1 receiver ? It had a prog and CH1 buttons on it how do I activate the programme

Sometimes the lights flash on them when I click on thermostat

How do I activate the programme from the thermostat ?

What is the receiver for and how does it work

Please someone go through it with me step by step slow because I am slow learner

2. Your thermostat - presumably a Programmable type (you can set Temps AND Times?) - is the device that monitors the room temperature, obeys your timings and then sends a wireless 'ON' or 'OFF' signal to the Receiver.

All the Receiver does is to listen to what the thermostat tells it ("GO ON!" and "GO OFF!") and to obey. The Receiver then switches the boiler on or off as requested.

Page 10 https://cz.danfoss.com/PCMPDF/30622v05.pdf

Seems you should set the thermostat going first and it then sends a signal to the receiver for 5 minutes. This gives you time to connect the receiver to it.

Once they are connected - communicating - you can program the thermostat to give you the temps and timings you want.

What exact model thermostat is it?

PhilSo likes this.
  3. Asif iqbal

Asif iqbal New Member

Hi thanks so much for the reply

So it means the thermostat and receiver are not communicating because they are not connected ?

I followed the instructions on page 10

I pressed the down arrow and plus key

I got this "tree" symbol appearing on the screen which was not there before

Then I pressed her PROG and CH1 together and the PROG light flashed green

Does this mean the two units are connected ?

4. Asif iqbal

Asif iqbal New Member

After pressing the down arrow and plus sign see the tree symbol on the left hand side appeared

[​IMG]

5. Asif iqbal

Asif iqbal New Member

And this was before

[​IMG]

Is there anything that tells me the two are connected ?

Will the hearing come on tomorrow?

6. YEAH!

That 'tree' is an 'antenna' symbol and I presume it indicates that they are now connected :)

So, provided you have set the timings and temps on your stat, it should come on tomoz.

Think of me when you wake up all warm and cosy :)

Ok, don't... :oops:

7. Asif iqbal

Asif iqbal New Member

Devils advocate ! Guess what my heating came on at 630am as programmed ! Great and many thanks for your help

So to activate the programme do I need to always syn the thermostat and receiver? Because during the day we sometimes use it manually depending on weather, we press the up arrow hear the click and heating goes on, this is different from using programme

Also when I press prog on my thermostat it doesn't show the days like in your video it only shows the time, does this mean I can't set weekday /weekend different programmes ?

8. Result! :)

Once you have successfully connected the stat to the receiver - which you now have - that's it; it should stay connected and the 'tree' should always show.

Possibly power-cuts and flat batteries may require you to reconnect them, but I think it should be pretty much automatic.

As for the programming of the unit, I think it should have days and times, but I don't know the exact model you have - there's a few numbers on the front!

If you remove it from the wall (it'll still work 'cos it has batteries in it) you should find a model number on the back - let us know and we can look up the instructions for it.

9. Asif iqbal

Asif iqbal New Member

Thanks !

I will have a look tonight when I go home

I am so glad I wake up to a warm house !

This really helped!

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  10. Asif iqbal

Asif iqbal New Member

Just got it off it's a TP4000 range thermostat

I think it doesn't have weekday and weekend ?

11. Asif iqbal

Asif iqbal New Member

Thanks for these PDF they have been really helpful

Happy ending thanks a bunch ! ;)

Deleted member 33931 likes this.