Dark brown above ground soil pipe and fittings

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by woods100, Jun 12, 2016.

1. woods100

woods100 Member

I'm currently replacing guttering, down pipes and other pipes on my property and want to change the vertical above ground soil pope - I'm getting older and would rather have 40 foot of non paint requiring PVC to deal with later than the current cast iron install.

Does anyone know of any suppliers that stock Dark Brown pipe and fittings (not underground brown terracotta but chocolate brown found in 32/40mm sizes).

Most searches eventually end up leading me to underground light brown.

or is 160mm dark brown just a dream and not available ?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

4. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

6. woods100

woods100 Member

think I'd struggle to be catered for connecting the soil stack to 40mm ... solvent or ring sealed :)

thanks I will look at polypipe I have a couple of local suppliers.

7. Sempo Vigilo

Sempo Vigilo New Member

I did a red brick semi a few years in Rosewood facia boards, ogee guttering, soil stack and rainwater down pipe, 40mm and 32mm waste pipes and all-in brown, looked great then and still does, cannot understand why black or grey above ground always seems to be specified. The customer liked it so much I did her parents house as well.
    The name of the supplier was Direct-Plastics .com, but I did type in brown guttering into Google and it brought a few internet suppliers up, and very reasonable prices.
    Incidentally I used ring seal throughout rather than solvent weld, I think it looks just as neat and I have never had any bother with joints coming apart.

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

With regards to ring seal I'm am referring to 110mm fittings & not the 32mm push fit.

9. diymostthings

diymostthings Well-Known Member

All I would say is don't be tempted to use underground above ground - it is not UV stable.

10. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I've yet to see a brown uPVC drainage system that doesn't fade quite quickly!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really