Darker tinted primer showing --@!!@

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by EvilleNoob, Jul 30, 2014.

1. EvilleNoob

EvilleNoob New Member

AMATEUR here

I am working on touching part of a wall and got the Kelly Moore tech to tint some Killz Premium latex primer gray. The latex paint color I am starting with is a light gray blue. The tech provided me with a dark grey tinted latex primer.

Of course the darker primer showed through after my lighter topcoat. Instead of putting on another coat of paint I put on two coats of Killz Premium with no tint. After one topcoat there is still a noticeably darker area where the darker primer was. I am thinking that another coat (or even coats) of topcoat is necessary.

But am I missing something in terms of minimizing the darker primer?

I get that I may have to do the whole wall (and not just a section), but even then I'm concerned about the darker primed areas still being obvious in the section I'm talking of?

(Pics attached)

Any tips would be appreciated. The simpler the better. Next time I am jut having a pro go at it. Those guys know what they are doing. I clearly don't.

Attached Files:

thelockman likes this.
  2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

What?:confused:

Line the wall with Wallrock fibre liner and re paint with top colour.

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Get a lighter primer!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. EvilleNoob

EvilleNoob New Member

Went ahead and put on another coat of high quality paint. Color variation is still showing a little, but really only because I know it is there.

No one else (except maybe my picky Mom) will catch it (or the two streaks that I left probably because I didn't leave a wet edge).
    I'm happy enough and have a better knowledge of painting for the next time. Although I'm tempted to call my old painter if the job involves anything more than a wall.

Thanks [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files: