Data Management on Android vs iPhones

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Oct 24, 2016.

1. The new Samsung uses data at a faster rate, you reckon? Perhaps the vids you are going for are more HD? Or are there things going on in t'background?

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Yes the Samsung seems too, but your probably right about HD, YouTube seem too have more and more HD vids these days.

Wife got a Apple 6s, she says that the Data used page is just in settings, but never bothers with it as she uses about 300mb a month, always connecting to WiFi as opposed to Data roaming.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  3. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Yes settings/mobile data. The numbers below the app is the mobile data used since last reset.
    You can see that in the image e.g. 22.7k on 4OD

Some of the providers have good apps to track usage. iD is very good

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

[​IMG]

It's a iPhone,don't expect miracles.[​IMG]

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

6. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Thought you were supposed to get rid of those time-bombs(Samsung S7) ?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

7. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

S7 fine Note7 bad

8. Does your wife's Apple show which App has used what amount of dats?

Cheers.

9. Cheers, KIAB. I think (pretty sure) that's the one she downloaded recently, and it certainly helps. But it doesn't show which App uses what amount of data, so we still can't tell what the hell is going wrong with her crazy data usage - which App is actually responsible.

10. Is that not the actual size of the App itself, as opposed to what the App has been used to download over time?

What's 'iD'? Is that a good App for data management?

Cheers.

11. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

The number on that screen is the amount of data being used not the size of the app.
    iD is on the 3 network from carphonewarehouse. You get a good package for £7.50. Think it's 2Gb data along with 200mins and 5000 texts

12. Phil the Paver

She's out at the min, when she comes in I'll ask her to open it and i'll post a pic of what it looks like.

13. Mr. Handyandy

If it is the talkTalk package with the free sim, he'll be able to get a second(and a third) sim for £5.50 each, which I think is 3Gb, and unlimited texts and calls(not 100% sure about unlimited calls).

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

14. Ah! Cheers.

Yes, one of my kids has the free SIM (500MG) which should be plenty, and the other is on that SIM you mentioned - 2GB for £7.50 (which he is nowhere near using).

Sadly TT uses Vodaphone, so I haven't seen that iD. I'll have a search for something similar tho'.

(Or perhaps I can persuade my girl to sell the bludy iPhone 5C and get a decent Android instead...)

15. Yes, daughter has the free SIM, but my son is on the next best TT deal which is 2GB etc for £7.50 pm. I think that's their best deal.

16. Mr. Handyandy

The 'PlusTV' deal has a sim for £5.50.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

17. Ah, I don't have that.

Cheers.

18. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

19. Phil the Paver

Right spoken to the wife, she says you need an app for the IPhone to see data use, she also said you need to make sure you turn off WiFi assist otherwise the phone will automatically switch on data roaming when WiFi is out of reach.

20161027_183115.jpg

20. Phil the Paver

WiFi assist is under setting in mobile data at the bottom of the page.

20161027_183054.jpg