Day rate for a good builder

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Yes Boss, Feb 9, 2007.

1. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

I have a hardwood fitter, he gets paid per m2 but i would recon it would average out about £25 per hour.
    I have seen loads of fitters and i know there is no one twice as good/fast as he is.
    Rush job he did 65m2 in a day, thats lounge, diner, hall, spot on job.
    I would love to see a £400 a day guy beat that, i know rates in n-e are lower but 2k for a 5 day week is a bit steep.

2. ­

­ New Member

I'm talking about builders, not floor layers. Every trade has it's own price band.

My chiropractor earns £72 an hour
    My accountant earns £105 an hour
    My cleaner earns £10 an hour

3. Telmay

Telmay New Member

my solicitor has just gone up to £200 an hour

4. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

the post was about bathroom / kitchen fitters, my fitter is a time served joiner who has also spent time kitchen fitting, bathroom installing, property maintainence/modernisation and a liftime in the trade, truly multi skilled and i would stand him next to a jobbing builder anyday.

5. ­

­ New Member

I thought the original poster was the bathroom/kitchen fitter but he was asking about day rates for builders.

As he is only looking for a jobbing builder he should get someone for far less as these high rates are for top guys on top end projects. All areas have their own rates too so a jobbing guy in South Bucks would be on about £150 a day but he still has to know his stuff.

6. Bigted

Bigted New Member

We started to struggle a bit last yrat and was lucky to get £120 per man and good men at that. We obviously started to blame the new mob for the slide as ya do.

We are getting over £350 per man now using some clever marketing tactics. And it it is quite easy.

Just advertising alone is not the full picture, you need to keep your company name in front of the clients and get them to recommend you to other friends and family. I started using a system that has gained me over 300 new customers inthe first year.

I can honestly say that I dont need anymore customers but they keep coming through that initial marketing push. You can get a free report and CD from them, I thing they were called crusader Marketing on 0800 011 2982 its a 24hr recorded message so no one to driveya ma on the phone