deadly bathroom

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by lady tenant, Jul 7, 2014.

1. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

I have got a set of Robins though (with SL16's)..better then all that Fluke and Martindale stuff tbqh..
    :D

2. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

just as I thought

3. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

4. You two get a room.

Or a boxing ring.

There's a lady asking for help on a genuinely worrying issue...

5. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

yep, and a few folks are trying to help not hinder

6. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Credence manifests from fact Mr Sean. How can the OP be given any credence without any base facts?

All it is - is words on a CTM, and until proven otherwise will remain so.

I rest my case..:D

7. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Hope you sort it m8..:D

8. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

yes righto

9. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Got it. Fingers crossed the current recommendations will be made statutory soon. Out of interest, i wonder why it has been deemed statutory to make HMO's tested, but not rentals with a family or a couple in. Electricity + People = Risk. So, not sure what relevance if its people sharing a kitchen or not?! Seems crazy to me.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  10. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Probably the same reason as having to have fire rated down lighters if there's another family in the room above, eg flats etc. In other words you can fry your own family but not someone else's!

FatHands likes this.
  11. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

little by little things like these will be improved, sooner rather than later it will be mandatory that all new build have sprinkler systems fitted

I can remember a time when the health benefits of a nice cool Woodbine was at the forefront of their advertising - things do change eventually

FatHands likes this.
  12. FatHands

:D When you put it like that Sen, it makes sense! :p

13. FatHands

New build homes, business, or both?

Showing your age there Sean about the woodbine :D

14. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

homes - cough cough

FatHands likes this.
  15. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Sprinkler systems inside new builds - yeh right.

I'll just blow dry me hair dear before we go to dinner. Husband hears wife screaming and runs up the stairs to be confronted by a water sodden missus.

How many times have I told you not to use the hairdryer in the house - you know it sets of the sprinkler system - oh well that's the dinner cancelled - its no good blow drying your hair now because it will only compound the problem.

Fecking new build sprinkler systems sais husband - wish I still lived in the country with me tractor..load of ol.

16. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

17. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Preposterous - I can see a lot of problems manifesting tbqh. What's wrong with good old heats and smokes, plus a suitable fire extinguisher fitted on a bracket and readily accessible. It should be law to have a working and up to date fire extinguisher in every dwelling etc.

18. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

And how can you be sure they will work after many years if not maintained, people can't even remember to change batteries in smoke alarmso_O

19. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

you can only do so much to prevent folks from harming themselves and others, at least they've made the positive step of committing it to law - wearing a seatbelt is a relatively recent requirement, there was a lot of fuss made over it's effectiveness - when it was introduced, folks these days just accept the fact that lives really are being saved by wearing one

the mandatory fitting of sprinklers is actually being driven by the Fire Service, to give them due credit, it's them that know a few things about methods of fire prevention/spread and life saving

20. wally

wally Screwfix Select

Some are even foolish enough to remove the battery & use it for something else. I remember a few years back a customer did not like me fitting the smoke away from the wall & asked me to tuck it away in the corner which I would not do. I just said to her that which is more important, not seeing the smoke detector or seeing it & trying to save a life, she agreed in the end.

FatHands likes this.