Deal of the day. Dewalt TSTAK case. Unable to buy - whats the point?

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by diy_nixy, Sep 23, 2015.

1. diy_nixy

diy_nixy Active Member

Today's deal of the day is Dewalt TSTAK case - half price. £18.48 instead of £37.

At 10:00 am in the morning, there is no stock in local stores, next day delivery or any online service whatsoever.

Whats the point in a deal if there is no stock to sell anywhere? There is no button to select to even buy this product.

So where is the deal please Screwfix

http://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-ts...mmc=Email-_-E15W34B-_-DOTD-_-dewalttoolsystem

2. I've chust bought three at my local store.

You can have one for £36.50.

Plus postage.

3. diy_nixy

diy_nixy Active Member

I live in Bristol. Searched all stores in Bristol, Stroud, Gloucester, Clevedon, Weston Super Mare and even 100 miles away in Bham - No stock
    Can't order on-line which implies Screwfix warehouse don't have a deal to offer.

I received the Screwfix email at 8am in the morning - Does this mean all stock from all central warehouses disappeared in the first few hours?

4. Akchully, I've chust checked my local store (EX39) and you are right... :oops:

5. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi @diy_nixy

Today's deal of the day has been very popular today.

We are currently transferring some more stock in to our warehouse to cope with this unexpected high demand, and when this is completed our website will be updated to reflect this.

Peter

6. It is a scam.They are trying to get people to buy full price cases they have in stock.

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I have six SF branches close to me, every one is out of stock.:(

8. screwfix.peter

Hi @Deleted member 11267

I can assure you its not a scam. There has been a higher than expected demand for today's deal of the day, and stock in many stores has been exhausted and we are currently moving stock so this can be ordered for delivery.

Peter

9. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Ooo Ooo! I want one now!

10. There was probably one case in some obscure screwfix branch.

11. diy_nixy

diy_nixy Active Member

Peter, I obviously don't have knowledge of your logistics and warehouse systems. But how will you get more stock if there is no stock in central warehouse (on-line ordering). Does this mean your going to move the last few 'dribs and drabs' of local-stores stock electronically to central warehouse for on-line ordering? Can't see this being much of a quantity for everyone to order on-line if you say the demand is so high? (And most stores have no stock anyway!!!)

I would like Screwfix to honour their "Deal of the day" in allowing users to pre-order or be given special discount vouchers for the Dewalt TSTAK cases to buy tomorrow when the deal has finished. Appreciate this maybe difficult to organise (admin and process heavy). Perhaps Screwfix could continue the deal tomorrow or later this week when you have moved your electronic stock.

Or even better, allow users to order the product on-line and receive delivery within 7-days, for example. Similar to some other products from Screwfix

12. diy_nixy

diy_nixy Active Member

Peter, I have searched for local stores stock in the following major cities around the whole country (Cornwall, Exeter, Devon, Bristol, Cardiff, Newport, Gloucester, Stroud, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Yorshire, Scotland, London, Watford, Reading, Surrey, Cambridge, Gillingham-Kent)

ZERO STOCK !!!!!!!

You know what they say....if its too good to be true??

13. diy_nixy

diy_nixy Active Member

On-line ordering still says "Out of Stock for Delivery".

Booo.!!!

C'mon Screwfix....where is this Deal of the Day. Did it even really exist???? Evidence so far suggests there was little to zero stock available in the first place. No-one has been able to order them. Publicity scam !!!!

Deal of the day means people want a bargain and there is likely to be high demand, so you should have plenty stock to cope. You can't offer a deal and only have one Dewalt case to sell to the whole country!

I always like Screwfix because of their good service (fast and efficient) - But not today!

14. diy_nixy

diy_nixy Active Member

1pm - still no stock for delivery....

15. screwfix.peter

Thank you for your further comments @diy_nixy

We have more than one warehouse and stock which is delivered to your address or to a store is dispatched from one warehouse. Stock is being physically relocated to this warehouse once this is completed and we are able to fulfill orders for deliver or collection our website will be updated to reflect this at this time we have a holding message on the DOTD banner on our homepage www.screwfix.com

upload_2015-9-23_13-53-45.png

If you wish a personal response to any issue or complaint about our services, please contact our Customer Service Team by emailing online@screwfix.com and they will respond fully to any email they receive.

Peter

16. diy_nixy

diy_nixy Active Member

Peter, thanks for your response.

So will stock be available to order later today at the discounted price?
    Or will customers have to order tomorrow at the full price when the Deal of the Day has expired.

Your statement about unprecedented demand doesn't seem to be holding much water - Screwfix had no stock in the first place!

I have made an official complaint to Screwfix customer service. Lets hope some stock turns up later today to save its reputation.

17. diy_nixy

diy_nixy Active Member

As the message banner suggests - I have checked back later today for replenished stock (3pm). Still no stock.
    Crack the whip and get those Screwfix trucks moving Peter.

18. diy_nixy

diy_nixy Active Member

4pm, still no stock.

19. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I checked as soon as it was on offer. No stock anywhere. I am dubious about it.

20. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

There was no stock at 9:30am here.