Deal of the day. Dewalt TSTAK case. Unable to buy - whats the point?

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by diy_nixy, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Ray Retired

Ray Retired Active Member

3 x DeWalt TSTAK VI Tool Storage System Discount applied £55.47 Sub total: £55.47
    Sub total (inc. VAT) £110.97 Discount (inc. VAT) -£55.50 Delivery (inc. VAT) FREE VAT

Plenty in stock at 5pm! :)

2. diy_nixy

diy_nixy Active Member

5pm....Oh yes Its back in Stock!!! For next day delivery or collection at local store.

Well done Screwfix and Peter. Looks like those trucks got moving.

Ordered 5 boxes. Thought I'd leave a few for others to order

upload_2015-9-23_17-12-41.png

3. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Well done Peter!:)

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Perhaps you can understand why stock was short then!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. Jason Phillipson

Jason Phillipson New Member

You we're very lucky, I had the problem of nothing being available. from early morning I emailed Screwfix and got this reply:

Dear Jason

Thank you for your email regarding our recent Deal of the day.

I would like to assure you that a full stock assessment was carried out before the offer started and there was sufficient stock available. However due to the very good deal on the offer we encountered a phenomenal response which resulted in stock clearing much sooner than we anticipated. We did have stock back in and available to order online again at 5pm which then sold out at 8.00pm. We are very sorry for the frustration that you have encountered.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment this has caused.

Kind regards

That's a complete joke as I tried at 6:30pm and searched just about all ScrewFixs' and the warehouse and nothing was available.

Think they should simply admit they were conning us!

6. Every time I'm too late to catch a special offer, I know it's a con... :rolleyes:

7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Yep and 8am the following day there was plenty of stock in all the trade counters and for delivery. They had a set number to shift and that was it. I tried all day and never saw any available.

8. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

As did I Goldenboy.

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

And me.

10. Jason Phillipson

Jason Phillipson New Member

I wrote back saying that there was nothing at 6:30pm let alone until 8pm and guess what no reply!

Clearly this so called over has left a very bad taste in people's mouths.

Thanks ScamFix!

11. Sorry you are so upset, Jason.

Actually, no - I'm not. Faaaar too exercised over a trivial issue :rolleyes:

12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I'm very upset as I needed a new lunchbox.

chippie244 likes this.
  13. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

There clearly was an offer as the chap on this thread grabbed 5 of them for himself.

What Screwfix should do is simply restrict deals of the day to maximum of 2 per person.

And there definitely a bit of jiggery pokery as as soon as the Deal of the Day finished immediately they were back in stock.

But it is fairly trivial. The T-Staks are a bit rubbish anyway. The Toughsystems are the good ones.

14. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

I got so fed up with getting special deal brochures/flyers in the post & emails being "out of stock" that I don't even bother trying now. Always out of stock, and we can't give a date as to when......then when they do get it back in.......its at its usual price.

15. diy_nixy

diy_nixy Active Member

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Gave up trying get a couple at the earlier price, five or six branches close to me,not one had any stock:(, though £25 is better than paying £37.

Jitender likes this.