Demolition breaker cooling fan blocked

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by gwiddecombe, May 29, 2017.

1. gwiddecombe

gwiddecombe New Member

Hi, I have been using a demolition breaker to break up some concrete. Unfortunately I was wearing a hoodie at the time. The cord on my hoodie has got caught up in the cooling fan for the motor. I switched the machine off the moment I noticed however, the cord wont pull back out. Does anyone know how I can remove the top please in order to access the fan and remove the cord please? The breaker I have is similar to product number 67819 in the screwfix catalog

http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb280drh-15-5kg-hex-shank-breaker-230v/67819?_requestid=406257

Thanks in advance, Graham

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got some photo's.

3. Does that cover also contain the motor brushes? If so, unscrew and remove them first (they are designed to).

Then I suspect it's a case of unscrewing the four(?) hex screws and removing that vent cover.

But as KIAB says - photos please.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

'ditto':D

5. gwiddecombe

gwiddecombe New Member

Hi, sorry for the delay I had trouble uploading the images. Please see attached link https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3FDQKd5bgQjc20zaVNtNFlWQmc which shows the piece of green cord sticking out of the cooling fan.Thr brushes are separate under a small black circular cover near the bottom The third image appears to show the fixings the clearest. Thanks, Graham.

6. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Set light to the end of the cord (after packing the hole with dynamite)

7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Undo the bolts circled and the other 2? on top as well, remove the cover and you should be able th a remove the cord.

2017-05-30 16.21.09.jpg