Devon

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by miss pickle, Sep 10, 2015.

1. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Hello peeps :)
    For anyone looking to grab a weekend away in Devon, please please please do yourselves a favour and stop at Tavistock for the morning on your travels.
    It really is the most gorgeous market town. I drove there from where I live in Okehampton today and wow what a stunning drive. 15 miles of sheer beauty :D A lovely long smooth road that passes through quaint peaceful villages such as Mary Tavy, enveloped between the vast moors on either side.
    Tavistock is so adorable, its a busy yet peaceful town crammed choc o block full of oldy worldy character and little scrummy delights everywhere you turn. The river Tavy runs alongside the town, a gorgeous looking church stands in the centre and the pannier market is a must see. A big hall of stalls inside with a characteristic courtyard running around the outside full of tiny little unique shops and cafes with outdoor seating areas. I had a full english breakfast in one of them and the food was excellent. The different smells as you make your way round is heaven. I cannot recommend it enough.
    I am feeling blessed :D life is short peeps so make the most of it.
    I know I waffle on :rolleyes: but somebody might be in the Devon area one day on holiday deciding where to visit so I thought I would mention it :)
    I want a shop there :oops::Do_O maybe next year eh?
    I'm in love with the place. Utterly adorable.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Tavistock is a lovely place, use to be a great cafe behind the pannier market in the coutyard.

Have a look at Tavistock Wharf,sited between the River Tavy and Tavistock Canal, there live music,art ,theatre,cinema,etc.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    miss pickle likes this.
  3. miss pickle

There are so many great cafes there. I had a really good nosey :D I was looking at all the menus and prices and looking at everybody's plates as the food came out :D you can't take me anywhere these days :rolleyes:
    The buildings themselves are great around the town, all in character and fitting in with each other. Its one of those places where everything is going on and its lively but its peaceful and calm at the same time. Ooooh I love it. I felt really at home there.
    Tavistock wharf? I must have drove past it surely :oops: I will investigate next week.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

5. miss pickle

:D Flowers :) awww that's the icing on the cake to a beautiful day.

I see they have "Everest" on at the cinema. I really want to see that :(:):cool:

6. miss pickle

I love all that Everest stuff. If I had the money I reckon I'd have a bash :D I'd probably die doing it but I can understand the mentality behind trying to climb it :)
    Avalanches are part of it! You take your chances!
    Big dreams mean big falls, but what a journey eh?
    To have the spine to get life by short and curlys and say "whatever the outcome I choose this".
    To not fear is a beautiful thing :) from what I can remember :rolleyes:

7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Can I come. Sound wonderful. :D:D:D

8. miss pickle

You can be my sponsor emoticon-cartoon-013.gif

9. Phil the Paver

:(:(:( Only want me for my money.:(:(:(

10. miss pickle

Did you have a good day at work phil :D I hope you earned lots and lots and lots ;)

11. Phil the Paver

Sounds like I needed too, Everest sounds expensive, even their windows don't come cheap. :p:p:p

12. miss pickle

13. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

When we went to Lyme Regis this year I missed a turning and we ended up in Shitterton.

miss pickle likes this.
  14. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

That would have been Bird Lime Regis!

miss pickle likes this.
  15. miss pickle

images-7.jpeg

16. miss pickle

They do good ice creams there :)

17. Phil the Paver

Lyme is a lovely place often pop down there when in Dorset.

18. miss pickle

smiley-talk005.gif Delivery for Mr Paver

images-144.jpeg

19. Phil the Paver

20. miss pickle

Just delivering it :rolleyes: but will need a lift home :D:p