Dewalt dcn660

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Doall, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Doall

Doall Active Member

bought said nail Hun of flea bay few months back put battery in it and fired it with no nails and it seemed fine. However went to use it today with nails 16gauge angled and every time the nail doesn't fire correctly as it's bending and coming through the plastic bit beneath the firing pin area
    Anyone no of a link to show me a manual to strip it down and rebuild it. I would like to send it back as paid good money for it but as I said did buy it few months back and really I should of checked it straight away. I have managed to pick up a new firing pin but no idea if that's the fault or In fact how to strip it
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Regards david

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

What nails are you using are they Dewalt or Paslode ones or a cheaper brand.???

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Send it back to Dewalt to be serviced,easier option in the long run.

This is the DCN660D1, wouldn't even attempt to strip it myself.:eek:

[​IMG]

4. Doall

Doall Active Member

Using paslode as moment have just ordered dewalt one and I can't send it back to dewalt as bought it second hand kiab thankyou so far

5. Doall

Doall Active Member

Part 252 seems to be the part I've ordered

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Even though you did not register it, so your not covered by the 3 year warrenty, I would have thought you could still get it repaired.

Doall likes this.
  7. Doall

Doall Active Member

Any idea how I'd go about it kiab as you and da are the screwfix oracles

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

You'll have to call or email them, you might be even close to a service centre in your area.

http://www.dewalt.co.uk/services/Services.html

Doall likes this.
  9. Doall

Doall Active Member

10. Doall

Doall Active Member

Think it matter I don't have receipt

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

No idea with Dewalt, had my Bosch sds breaker repaired last year, after 15 years use, at Bosch service centre,I lost the receipt years ago, never asked for it, but Dewalt might be different.

Can only try.:)

Doall likes this.
  12. Doall

Doall Active Member

Cheers kiab they can only say no will bell them tomorrow thanks again