Dewalt later level

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by tore81, Jun 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Deciding on buying the dewalt from the host is 20 pound cheaper on Amazon asked in branch already come down in price.

Only says it has 1 year guarantee on Amazon I thought dewalt give the three years on my drill etc.

I'd prefer to buy from the host as were great at returning items and less hassle but for 20 quid. Plus less hassle.

Does anyone know if the host gives a better guarantee? Or do I sign up direct with dewalt then claim the three years does it matter tho I buy it with?

2. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

3. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

The warranty conditions say: " ... purchased the DEWALT products from an authorised DEWALT European reseller ... "; so is the Amazon dealer an authorised reseller? You may find out too late.

You also need to make sure that what is being supplied is not a refurbished/reworked/returned item ... some dealers buy those in bulk and sell online.

I have had the predecessor, a DW087K for 8 years (or longer) and it is still going. I keep find new uses for it too! The case mine was supplied with has a place for spare batteries.