Dewalt multi tool

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by tore81, Mar 18, 2017.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

isn't that an Irish political party ?

KIAB and CGN like this.
  2. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Festool do one...

But I'm still set on the Bosch...perhaps in a systainer.

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Thing I have found with multitools is, you have to hold the tool firmly :p:p:p (nowt sexual like) If you hold it loosely the tool vibrates instead of cutting the material.

CGN likes this.
  4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Yeah yeah...whatever JJ :D

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

It does CGN, Took a door frame out yesterday using my multi tool. Bloody thing had been fixed with thunderbolts.. Almost impossible to remove (took me over an hour to remove the old frame) Well not quite impossible, but an hour to get an old door frame out !!!!!!

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You want a sabre saw for stuff like that.

KIAB likes this.
  7. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Just jesting JJ :D

I was using one yesterday for quite a long period , I was vibrating by the end of it, but if whatever you're cutting isn't secured, you do get the tool buzzing. Possibly down to type of blade used too...

8. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

Re the starlock blades. Likes of saxton can't do them because Bosch and Fein have locked the patent down tight so only OEM blades available at much higher prices.

KIAB likes this.
  9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Darn annoying, inflated prices.:(

Found this, at least they are colour coding blades at last.:)

[​IMG]

10. Surfmonkey

Surfmonkey New Member

Used the Dewalt 18v for 2 years and not had any issues, other than stock Dewalt blades being rubbish. Very expensive rubbish too. Best I've found so far are the 'Smart' branded ones from Toolstation - both bimetal and fast cut styles outlasted the dewalt and cut better out of the pack. Tried Faithful blades and they dropped their teeth faster than a granny in a toffee factory; bi-metal was comically bad. Biggest drawback with the tool is not being able to set the speed and lock it on. Fast blade change is very handy though.

11. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

12. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

Gop2000 is a screwfix special. Gop250 without a case. I have one. Comes with gop250 instructions.

13. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

No, it is a regular one available from numerous outlets.