Dialled number problems- BT landline - Orange provider

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Obrica, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Obrica

Obrica New Member

I have a BT cordless phone with 4 handsets. I can check all calls that have been dialled on my line by using the dialled number option and from there I can view the date and time the call was made.
    If I ring my plumber on Monday the call details stay in order of the calls in the dialled number list. If I ring him again on Thursday the call details go to the top of the list and the Monday entry disappears. Hope this all makes sense!
    However, one of the numbers being called on my phone stays in the same position on the list and never moves but when I check the details the time and date changes. This is happening on all four phones. Can anyone out there tell me how this is happening please?

2. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

You need to call your plumber (again)...

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Maybe there is a difference in how it lists numbers according to whether or not thay are 'dialled' or entered from the address book/contacts list?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. Obrica

Obrica New Member

Tried that but the called number always jumps to the top of the list.

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

The number that doesn't move...delete it from your dialled calls list.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

6. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Try dialling in time warp mode op

7. Obrica

Obrica New Member

Tried that as well but the same thing happens all over again when that particular number is called.

8. Obrica

Obrica New Member

I don't know what time warp mode is!

9. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

My mother has BT land line phones which have caller ID functions where one can bar caller ID withheld and international calls and that too seems to every so often have a glitch where it shows calls in wrong order. I will delete list may be 5 visits on a run then it starts to behave itself.

It will also send and receive text messages but found some mobiles will not send text messages to it. Something causes the text message to be turned into Stephen Hawking's voice. Others just refuse to send them.

Some day I will put an answer phone message "Your caller ID has not been recognised please hang up and dial again." But since going onto fibre my caller ID is rubbish about 100 calls a week and just two have registered the caller ID even my own mobile where I know caller ID is on does not register.

10. Obrica

Obrica New Member

I think someone in the house must be calling the number but it isn't even appearing on the bill. Don't want to accuse them of making the calls if it is just a glitch on the phone.