diamond drilling hole

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Mr Rusty, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

I have a hole to drill in a cavity wall. Brick outside, concrete block inside (not thermalite). I've drilled 120mm using a hand held cutter hired from hire shop before, and it was OK if a bit of a handful. I would like to take this one out to 150mm, but wondering if this is a bit big for a handheld cutter.

Do you guys regularly drill 150 hand held? or should I stay safe and go for 120?

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I do em regular 150mm just make sure its got a clutch or you'll be sideways sumersalting for fun, ;)

Phil the Paver likes this.
  3. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

Which core bits do you use Tom? I've found the erbauer core bits take some beating and last a while.

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Seen someone break their wrist doing this, it took a millisecond and snap, oh the pain in their face, still see it now. :confused::confused:

5. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

OUCH!!!!!

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

that's why you need a drill with a clutch, o_O
    cue video,

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Seen someone have his nose broken,blood everywhere:D, idiot was using core drill at shoulder height, when it jammed,had he been on steps it wouldn't have happened.

8. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

Thanks. Importance of clutch noted !