Disabling EP2002 Central heating control

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Ian Larman, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Ian Larman

Ian Larman New Member

I've installed a Netatmo thermostat to control my central heating. This means I don't need the control on my EP2002 controller. I've put the Central heating control on 'always on'. Does anyone know how to disable the EP2002 Central Heating control rather than just leaving it always on (as it wastes energy lighting the lamp, albeit a minor amount). Also it can be inadvertently switched off there.

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Try the sparkys forum ;)

Ian Larman likes this.
  3. Ian Larman

Ian Larman New Member

Don't plumbers fit central heating?

4. Ian Larman

Ian Larman New Member

OK. Posted there too.

5. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    At the wiring center, take out the switched live heating call from the timer, and replace with a permanent live!

Regards
    Peter

6. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Yes but nowadays with all the certification that has to be done we use our own sparky for the electrical side

7. Ian Larman

Ian Larman New Member

I see. I posted it there too thanks.

8. Ian Larman

Ian Larman New Member

Do you know which terminals these are? Will that still light the 'on' indicator on the ep2002?

9. kiaora

kiaora Guest

hi
    do you have 3 port, or zone valves?

peter

10. kiaora

kiaora Guest

the system you have simply need a permanent live, this fires the heating, via your remote/moden linked, room stat

regards
    peter

11. Ian Larman

Ian Larman New Member

No idea! But I think it's sorted now. Someone told me the wires to relocate and which terminals. Thanks for your interest.

12. Ian Larman

Ian Larman New Member

Yes, I already had the thermostat working to the app. Someone has told me the terminals and wires involved to disable the EP2002 switch. Thanks for your interest.