Dishwasher & end panel

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Rossie, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Rossie

Rossie New Member

Anybody know if you can have a dishwasher on the end of a run of units, just looking at a design and im worried about the support and how the end panel would attach to the DW.

Cheers guys

2. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Active Member

The end panel doesn't attach to the dishwasher, use angle brackets and attach it to the worktop, wall and floor if necessary.

3. snezza30

snezza30 Member

Hi Rossie,

There is nothing wrong with having a D/W on the end of a run of base units.

The worktop would sit on top of the End panel and be fixed to it accordingly, depending on what the worktop is made of.
    The End panel would also be fixed to the wall & floor. It is not usually fixed to the D/W at all, unless the D/W is a certain make of integrated appliance and then there are 2 screws which fix from the inside of the machine into the LH & RH adjacent cabinets/panels.

4. Rossie

Rossie New Member

Thanks for the quick response guys, I did think that would be the case but just wanted to make sure.

Many Thanks

5. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

As d/w are a bit of a pain to slide in and out of a tight slot what I have just done is:- bracket the back underside edge of the wt to the wall. screw two brass screws into the bottom edge of the panel and chop the heads off. Drill two small holes in the floor tiles to match these pins. End panel can then be engaged on the bottom edge, pushed tight under worktop and attached with small brackets under the wt overhang. Really sturdy. If I need to get the d/w out a couple of screws out and the end panel just comes away. D/W can then be slid sideways to aid removal

6. Rossie

Rossie New Member

Thanks for the input Simon, will be starting in a few weeks so ill let you know how I get on.