Distance from dpc with new drive

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by fabro, Feb 7, 2016.

1. fabro

fabro Member

I am planning on having an imprinted presscrete type drive. The ground has been dug around the garage but I also want that drive/imprinted concrete to go around the house. Can the new level come in contact with the blue bricks considering I am having hex drain gullies all around connected to a soakaway.

2. Ground level should be 6" below D.P.C as far as I know.

3. Fabro, what will the level of the driveway be in relation to your DPC? And how deep will the drain gulley be?

Bottom line - see what the driveway peeps have to say. And see how professional they are in their replies.

4. fabro

fabro Member

The driveway next to the garage will be fine as the garage is a recent addition. The front of the house and side was on a lower level (existing concrete path). I have had 2 quotes with similar price but one said it was fine to raise the level, another said it needed to be dug lower. They both gave me two prices, one being laying the concrete resin and leaving for me to sort out what goes underneath. On the side and front the newly laid concrete would come to the first blue brick. House is from mid 30's if that's any useful info.
    The gulleys are aco hexdrain 8cm high being about 6cm deep. What about injecting an additional dpc dryzone type. Would be less work but it's what's best long term that I'd go for.