DIY roof retile

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Mowbs, Mar 22, 2017.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I did like his comment about at least he would know if the contractor was doing a good job. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

CGN likes this.
  2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The best bollocking, I ever saw was in the early 80's when I was following an Army Landy going towards Brecon towing a trailer in something close to a monsoon. The trailer started fish tailing spilling ordinance over the road before tipping over. There were rounds, smoke grenades, flares everywhere. Closed the road and waited for the Red Caps to arrive. They turned up with a load of really happy squadies and the RSM whom was already two feet off the floor. I am sure the RSM did not breathe for about 10 mins while he gave a frank review of the drives parentage, man hood, sexual orientation etc. all about 2 inches from his face.

Seeing all the squadies in the monsoon with no wet weather gear, picking up round after round, sifting through the grass verge, undergrowth, then counting round after round after round ...... You know that going back with the MPs was going to be rough, but much, much worse if the drive was released while that unit was in camp.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

RSM's scared the poop out of me. :(:(

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Some of the superhuman PTI's :eek:

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I didn't get involved with them after basic training.