Do a number of people actually want solutions ?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by sospan, Oct 28, 2015.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Whilst I am fairly new to the forum I have noticed that there seems to a lot of single posters whom post issues about Trades people / Firms or individual faults they have discovered but never really want a solution ?

Going back quite a few pages on some of the sections, there seems to be trend a lot of posters whom ask a question, then despite the advice given either ignore it and repost or say it won't work because, because etc.

I accept that sometimes the advice posted from individuals may be different from what others would recommend or suggest but that is the nature of construction.

One particular post struck me where a poster was contradicting the advice of several posters on here by saying "I have it from a reliable source that ...." stating it should be different. So like many of the others why do they post here ?

teabreak likes this.
  2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

A few things spring to mind on this sospan:

some one time posters see the answer and don't have the courtesy to post back with a simple thank you
    some people ask questions but will only accept the answer that suits them
    "i have it from a reliable source" type questions perhaps asking for a second opinion which isnt a bad thing in itself, but what does amuse/confuse me is when a few people say otherwise they still agree with their original statement. almost like they have to justify their statement.
    ah well, it is wednesday!

teabreak likes this.
  3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

True, there are also the ones that just want a general gripe and moan about the trades they have used. ..

4. They come on a public forum and take advice from Mr and Mrs Anonymous.

One that is current is the short rafters that need extending. Bottom line is that should have the roof relayed. We all know the truth, they just don't want to accept it. Solutions have been offered. End of.

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

True, being new to the board, I was reading some of the older threads and got the impression that less than half the posts were genuine people - I am stuck / Lost what do I do etc. and go away quite happy. The remainder seems to be a split between utter time wasters (nailguns for magic tricks) or repeat post the same question. Others, as you say realise they have made a major c**k up and are almost looking for a magic solution but won't accept it when told there isn't one.

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

A biggy is "My electrician is on holiday" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Coloumb likes this.
  7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You're paying him too much!

8. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

My usual joiner has let me down

9. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I must admit that a lot of us can be flippant with our answers,unless it is a genuine question that our various trades can help with. Trust me! I have received some excellent advice from this forum & I would like to believe that I I have given some as well.:rolleyes:

10. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Some of them are not genuine. Sad but true :( sorry sospan.
    I worked that out pretty quick too :p

11. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Yet again one bursts my bubble Miss P :eek:

12. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

13. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member