Double oven housing problem

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Shotgun365, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Shotgun365

Shotgun365 New Member

Hi I'm in the process of installing a new kitchen and have encountered a problem with my double oven housing. It was supplied with two doors both of which would not fit due to installing the shelf supplied with the oven housing. If I remove the shelf the oven and two doors just about fit. It would mean having a door at the bottom then The oven and then another door however it would then leave a gap of 25mm. I'm going to have to fit shelves myself to match the correct height of the doors but it's weird how I will be left with this gap. Should I use a piece of plinth ripped down to act as a filler piece?

2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Have you got any photo's/plans of what you have/proposing to do? I take it you mean, two, single ovens together, rather than a double oven which is one-piece appliance?

3. moppylhd

moppylhd Member

Quite often the appliance unit is used for other things like a slide out larder, fridge freezer etc, so you have to juggle things around unless your "instructions" are for just a double oven. Do you have to double up the shelves at the base to make a stronger support for the oven. Are both doors the same height. The bottom of the lower door must be in line with the other units. There could be two shelves at the top of the oven with a small gap between.. This may be filled with a part of the oven still inside the oven. (ie metal strip). Is there another box with a very small plinth. Good luck.

4. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

Had the same problem, ended up buying a strip of brushed stainless steel from fleabay which matched the oven and covered the gap, only cost £5 delivered