Double wall socket not giving enough voltage power

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by bond007, Nov 23, 2014.

1. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

2. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

I should imagine they are ok and comply with all things compliable :) I have seen them £11.99 at one of the suppliers I use

3. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

Where are you buying your chargers from? Are they the cheap ones from eBay/market stalls? Try using a reputable branded one with the relevant safety certifications.

Even if the micro USB socket on your S3 is faulty and possibly causing the output of the charger to short out, a good quality charger will not fail because of this.

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

They are genuine Samsung chargers, I have found that the socket which incorporates a USB socket better, as I can just replace the lead if it plays up.

5. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

bond007 - Your issue may be that the mobile is receiving a poorer Wi-Fi or mobile signal in the kitchen which is causing a higher current draw and hence taking longer to charge. If you want to do a fair test, wait until the phone battery is completely discharged and note how long it takes to fully charge with the phone off. Repeat the same process on the other socket. The phone must be off in both cases.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  6. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Does replacing the lead make it any better?
    Definely need a new usb/wifi port. 10 minutes to swap out!
    Mr. HandyAndy - Really

7. Hmm, good theory, Teki. I guess in a poor signal area, or where there's more than one transmitter vying for the phone, the phone will constantly hunt around and switch between the trannies?

It's really got to be something like this - it chust cannot be that the mains socket is delivering less power.

8. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

OMG ! I am so glad that I only have a mobile that I can talk or text on. Battery lasts about a week. OK, I'm a dinosaur, but sometimes technology has its downside !:(

9. You can text on yours?!!! :oops:

10. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

I really like driving around in my ox-cart. The only problem is takes ages getting to jobs. :)

11. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Same here malkie!