downlights

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by leelee, Mar 9, 2015.

1. leelee

leelee New Member

How do you wire 240v downlights from a pendant light.?

2. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

A simple hello would have been nice and to answer your question ,an electrician

3. leelee

leelee New Member

Rude man I was asking

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

A little more info is required really;

1. Do you have access above the ceiling, ie a loft or is this a ground floor ceiling

Makes a big difference for starters

5. leelee

leelee New Member

HI its a flat the ceiling had to be lowered as it was a concrete ceiling the holes are in place just the wireing needs to be done

6. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

Lowered by what depth?

7. Looks like you lot have upset him. You should try being more, er, sensitive, inclusive and generally all round lovey dovey.
    Bad boys!

Jitender likes this.
  8. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Don't tell him. :)

retiredsparks likes this.
  9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Pike.

retiredsparks and PaulBlackpool like this.
  10. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

I had a call from the main contractor today asking me to go easy on the customer as he'd had a call from her in tears and was scared by me...

Finished the first-fix to signed-off plan last Wednesday.

Had a call from her over the weekend saying she wanted UFH in two rooms ( tackers coming in Monday).
    Tuesday she didn't want pullcord lights and fan isos in bathroom and ensuite after all, but switches outside. Along with the UFH controls and spurs.

Today, she wants the switches, fan isos, UFH controls and spurs moving to the other sides of the doors as she's decided to hang the doors to open the other way. Oh, and could the wall lights move as well?

So, 'finished' last Wednesday and patted myself on the back.

One week later still there and my other customers for this week left hanging and thinking I'm a c~#*.

Sorry, had to rant... I was almost in tears today (of rage). I have scant care for her tears at the moment.

11. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Sounds like a rough customer Stateit. :(

12. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Teary customers are always a bad sign. Its quite often a front.

13. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

I always found that a well worded and clear comprehensive quotation, signed by the customer sorted most problems.
    The only time they got teary eyed was when i told them of the substantial additional charges for them changing their minds.
    RS

FatHands and Rulland like this.
  14. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I must admit I am favouring the scope of works approach these days. Spelling out exactly what you understand you have been asked to do and listing and describing the job to the customer leaves no room to wriggle, you can just refer to the scope of work when they argue that "I thought that was all included". I have also found that keeping careful records of time spent on the job and what was done on a particular day helps tremendously when you need to defend your price. Ultmately you are taking a risk every time you start a job that you are going to get paid, that you have enough money in it to make a profit and you can trust the person you are working for. There are some ever so nice ******** out there. :)

FatHands and sinewave like this.
  15. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

16. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Leave it Sine...he isnt worth it !!!!
    Rs

sinewave likes this.