DOWNSTAIRS TOILET.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by tuc12345, Mar 18, 2013.

1. tuc12345

tuc12345 New Member

HELLO NEED TO PUT IN A DOWNSAIRS SHOWER ,TOILET  AND BASIN, IS GOING NEXT TO KITCHEN SO SHOULD BE ABLE TO PICK UP ON EXISTING WASTE .CAN ALSO TAP INTO FOUL FOR TOILET OR GO INTO EXISTING MANHOLE,WOULD I NEED TO GET INSPECTOR OUT AND GET BUILDING REGS FOR THIS .IF SO HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE AND COST. AM HOPING TO START NEXT WEEK AS FATHER IN LAW IS COMING OUT OF HOSPITAL AND TIME IS TIGHT .ALSO IS THERE ANY REGS REGARDING TOILET WASTE GOING INTO EXISTING DOWNPIPE (HEIGHT ABOVE ,BELOW GROUND  ,DPC ETC . ALSO IF INSPECTOR COMES OUT IS HE LIKELY TO PICK HOLES IN LOTS OF OTHER THINGS ,HOUSE IS RUN DOWN AND DON'T WANT TO OPEN A HORNETS NEST .CHEERS FOR ANY ANSWERS SORRY ITS A BIT LONG WINDED.

2. petertheplumber

petertheplumber New Member

Inspector not needed but you do need 2 repeat Two doors between toilet and kitchen. That is a definite requirement. good luck.

3. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

4. tuc12345

tuc12345 New Member

hi, thats a big doc, so whats the deal does it need inspecting or not and if i do is it gonna cause probs  ;have heard different things about the 2 door thing  some say yes, some say it goes back to a victorian thing about spreading germs airbound and isn't  applied any more .any replies welcome

5. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

15 pages isnt a big doc, especially as there's less than 10 that say anything helpful

for your project, the relivant section is near the front ;)

6. petertheplumber

petertheplumber New Member

Correct me if I am wrong but the document appears to be a guidance document and for the purpose that the Op intended it looks like a building inspector is not required , it's just necessary to follow good practice guide lines. If you disagree Sean then you need to show the relevant part for our perusal.

7. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

I'll give you a clue, the answer is very early into that document

''Two doors between toilet and kitchen. That is a definite requirement.''

8. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

9. tuc12345

tuc12345 New Member

ok had read that bit and as you say does look like its one door ,thanks for that what about planning or regs are we saying you both agree  i dont need to apply for them if attaching to existing ?
    thanks again

10. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

it would be very wise to ensure any works you do are in line with current BR, in this instance, from your description of the project it's a fairly safe bet that an application will not be needed